CHAPTER 10: Him , I and... Her

Hell is loving you in my sleep and waking up alone. You will never know, how much I would give up to have you back in my life.
~ Anonymous

I was thirsty... Again! I drink a lot of water, it helps me control my hunger. I know I don't need to do that right now, I had escaped that place but habits take time to change. I went towards the kitchen and this time made sure I wore my robe. I took the bottle from the fridge and closed it. I turned around and saw my grandma, staring up at me with a teasing smile on her face. "Why is she smiling like that?" I thought to myself.

"Oh Rosy you came at the right time sweetheart, I have to carry this tea on the second floor. I don't understand why these rich idiots always live in enormous houses like kings. Ugh! Monarchy everywhere!" She sighed and moved her head disapprovingly.

"Though I am not that old, my bones just don't want to agree with me, so can you please help me take this glass of juice upstairs?" she requested, the smile never leaving her face.

"Okay grams but whom do you want me to give this to. You know I can't deal with the aunt and her daughters"

"Oh don't you worry, it's just Adriano."

"What!?" Does she really expect me to do that?

"Pwease! Pwease! Pwease!!!!!!" she said trying to talk like a child while showing me her version of puppy eyes which was kind of funny and cute, to see a 70-year-old woman trying to act like a child.

I sighed defeated "Okay grams, I'll go" I knew she won't stop until I agree.

"Thank you, sweetheart. You are the best. By the way, his room is just the one besides yours. Enjoy!" with that, she gave me the cup of tea and practically ran away from the kitchen.

I sighed. My grams was always the weirdest but I still love her so much. She is one of the few people in my life who doesn't hate me.

I went upstairs with the cup in my hand and was about to knock on his door but stopped myself as I saw that it was already slightly ajar. So I thought to just open it and see. I opened the door and saw something which broke my heart into million pieces.

There were two people in that room. Adriano and Jane. And guess what, they were... kissing. My already broken heart shattered into pieces.

They broke the kiss abruptly when they saw me. There was an awkward silence in the air. I was staring at the ground because if I looked up I would have an emotional breakdown right here. From the corner of my eye I saw that Adriano was about to speak when Jane abruptly broke him and spoke "Hey Alice, I am sorry you had to see that." She paused awkwardly "Umm...did you need something?"

I finally looked up, after blinking back the tears and planted my signature smirk on my face. "Yeah, grams told me to bring this tea." I kept the cup on the table beside me. "Please don't stop at my account, I was just about to leave. Enjoy!" and with that, I almost ran towards my room. Tears were now falling like a waterfall from my eyes. I should have expected this to happen eventually.

You did this to yourself, Alice. You did!

******
Adriano's pov

I was in my room changing my shirt when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I told the person, thinking it was probably grandma who might have brought her world-famous tea. I have no idea what she puts in that tea but it would immediately make me feel better.

"Hey!" a female voice said which was clearly not of grams. I jerked my head towards the door and saw Jane stepping in into my room. I turned fully towards her after buttoning my shirt. "Hey, did u need something?" I asked.