CHAPTER 16: Letting the Truth Unfold

I don't want to think of who I was 'cause it just makes me want to CRY but...
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" ~Anonymous

Adriano's pov

"I w-was kidnapped after I ran away." She said looking at me. I could see hesitation, fear, tiredness, and tears about to spill, into her eyes. I could see the help she always wanted and her fear about my reaction. I honestly was shocked beyond a point but I wanted to hear the whole thing. I knew I misunderstood her and judged her very harshly but now I need to know her side of the story. I didn't know what else she had gone through these years and that makes me so scared. So, I tightened my hold on her to make her feel protected and kissed her forehead.

"I am here to listen, and I will listen until the end. I won't ever judge you. I misunderstood you for so long but now I want to know the truth. I trust you baby because I've always loved you." I kissed her cheek softly, showing her that I am with her no matter what happens. I've been selfish and had acted like a dick all these years but now I must amend my mistakes. She kept looking at me and sighed.

"You knew that I wanted to become a model, right?" She said with a voice almost like a whisper.

I nodded my head, too scared of the truth which is going to get unfolded.

"I was on my way to the company which gave me the offer to help me start my career. When I was about to reach the company, someone came from behind me and held me in a tight grip. I-I couldn't move. They put a cloth on my mouth which might have had chloroform in it and I almost immediately fell into unconsciousness. I could neither fight nor even see them at that moment. When I woke up, I found myself in a small, dimly lit room, with red lights and dirty old walls, surrounded by a few unwashed, torn, old black curtains. My hands were tied to the bed's headboard and a cloth was tied around my mouth. Then a man came. He told me his n-name was R-Rafael Rodriguez. He was the one who kidnapped me and soon I got to know where I was." She started looking at her lap while tears started falling from her eyes. Seeing her in this state, my eyes also started getting wet. I couldn't cry now, I had to support her, listen to her and help her. I must be strong. All this time she was the one who fought these battles alone, now I must fight them with her. I started rubbing small circles on her back in a soothing manner. She took a deep breath and continued. "I was inside an h-human-tra-trafficking racket."

I gasped, not able to hide my shock. A human trafficking racket. OH MY GOD! No! NO NO NO!!! No this can't be. She can't be in that. What was I doing when all this happened to her? So, this was why I couldn't find her anywhere. I should've known.

"Stop Adriano! I won't tell you the rest if you start blaming yourself. It was not your fault. You did nothing. I was the one to run from our wedding and go towards the company. You did nothing." She took her small hands and wiped my tears away. I didn't even realize I had tears in my eyes until now. I took a deep breath and hesitantly asked "W-What happened to you there?"

"A lot of things" she whispered.

I held her tightly. Right now I don't know if this hug is to make her feel protected or to make me, from her past. Just by listening to her speak, it's hard for me not to let my tears fall. I don't know what all things she went through. But now, I am going to be with her, no matter what. The wedding needs to stop. I have to tell them to hold it because if I say them to cancel it, I'll have to disclose the whole truth and I think none of us are prepared for that.

"Go on baby," I said softly, fearing whatever she is going to tell me. But I have to be there for her. I know she is a very strong woman and I am very proud of her but I would make sure the things she had gone through would never get repeated. I won't let that happen. And all those people responsible for this are going to get punished and I am looking forward to that.

She couldn't speak. I know it is very hard for her to remember all the things she had to go through.
For me to punish the people responsible for the destruction of our relationship and for making her go through something worst than hell, I need to know the whole truth.
"Was the modeling agency a fraud? We're they the ones who kidnapped you?" I couldn't help but ask. If this was it, it might be easy for me to find those bastards.
"No, it is a valid agency. I got kidnapped on the way. I was never able to reach it" She said.

"We'll have to find out the people responsible for everything. I am there for you baby. The only person who can let us to the "Devil" is Aunt. We need to keep an eye on her. And that sun of a g*n Rafael, I am not gonna leave him. Don't worry baby, I am there with you. This would never happen again. I promise. Just trust me a little" I said and kissed her cheek. Oh! How much I missed this. To hold her in my arm and kiss her. This makes me feel like she is mine again and I am hers. But right now the situation is a little entangled.

"No, Adriano. You're going to get married to my sister and she loves you. Don't forget I was the one to run away from the wedding. It was all my fault. Don't get into the mess I created" She said, trying to get up from my lap.

I stopped her by tightening my hold on her waist and pulling her towards me. "I know she loves me but you and I both know whom I love. I know my hate overpowered my love and because of me being a dick, I didn't even wait for you to come. I thought you wouldn't come here again." I paused and sighed. "I have always loved you and now I am going to put this wedding on a hold" She was about to speak when I cut her and said "Nobody would know about this baby, trust me. I'll just tell them I have some deal or meeting which is very important. And now coming to the point of you trying to make me step back, I know you ran, you were naive and everyone deserves a second chance. I love you, sweetheart. I always have, I always will."

With that said I pulled her more towards me if that's even possible and smashed my lips on her. She was shocked at first and didn't respond but soon she calmed down and kissed me back. It was a sweet and passionate kiss where we poured all our feelings toward each other. Before breaking the kiss, I could feel a smile creeping onto her face and that made me smile too.

******

******

A/N: Hello sunshine ☀️
I hope you guys like this chapter.
He finally knows!!!

Now let's get on a journey to solve this mystery. Whom do you think is "The Devil"?
Let's find that out in this book.

Stay tuned;)

Don't forget to vote, follow, comment and share this book.

Spread love ❣

~Love 𝔅

******