CHAPTER 27: His Beloved

I seem to have loved you in numberless times, in life after life, in age after age, forever ~Anonymous.

I tried to open my eyes but the bright light made me squint them. Finally, after a few seconds, I was able to open them completely and took in my surroundings. I was in a hospital. I groaned and tried to get up.

"Good morning" A deep, raspy voice came from my side and I turned my head towards the source. Adriano was sitting on the sofa near my bed. He was shirtless. He had cuts all over his body. A huge bandage was wrapped around his torso and another one from his right shoulder towards his left side of the torso. He had one hand rested on the backrest of the sofa. He smiled at me and I returned the smile.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"It hurts a bit but your smile healed it completely." He smiled and showed me his perfect white teeth.

"Cheesy!" I mumbled rolling my eyes playfully at him making him chuckle.

"How are you feeling baby," He asked after getting up to sit on the seat beside my bed. He took my hand in his large ones and kissed the back of it.

"I am fine. You shouldn't be sitting here. Your wounds are still fresh." I said.

"They are fine" He rolled his eyes playfully.

"You never listen," I said while shaking my head.

"Yes I don't listen, I obey your commands, my queen," He said bowing his head making me laugh at his actions.

He lifted his head up to look at me and said "You have no idea how much I missed seeing you laugh"

I just kept looking at him thinking what did I ever do to deserve someone like him? He is every girl's dream. How was I so stupid to leave him standing in the aisle? But now, I have a chance, a chance to correct my mistakes and live my life the way I want.

Suddenly the door opened and mom, dad, Mr. and Mrs. Angelo, Grams, Jane, and Jake entered. Mom came almost running towards me and held my other hand. Tears were falling from her eyes like a waterfall.

"I am so sorry baby. I should have known about this. I should've tried to see behind your facade. I should've helped you. I am your mom and I still couldn't do anything to protect you." She started crying and dad came from behind her and looked at me.

"I-I am so sorry Alie. I had hit you. This was all because of me. She took revenge on you because of me and all I did was blame you. I am such a bad father." Dad said and tears fell from his eyes. He was so ashamed that he couldn't even look at me. My heart ached to see my parents cry. I looked at Jane.

She shrugged and said, "Sorry I had to tell them."

I sighed and smiled at them and said "None of this is your fault. It's Caterina's and Rafael's fault. You didn't do anything. Anyone else in your place would have done the same. I don't blame you. Please stop crying" I said and motioned them to come near me for a hug. We hugged each other for a while. It felt so nice to finally hug my parents and get a feeling of love and care from them. Soon we broke away from the hug and smiled at each other. Grams and Jake came toward me.

"You are such a brave girl Rosy. I am so proud of you. Rafael and Caterina are now in jail getting what they deserve. You are a warrior, my dear." She said and kissed my forehead.