CHAPTER 25: The Cry of War

Your time is now. Start where you stand and never look back down. Feed the wolf inside you and let's win this war ~Anonymous

I opened my eyes and groaned when I felt a massive headache. I held my head between my hands. A gasp left my mouth when I looked around. I was inside a huge hall. Greek mythology paintings were hung on the walls which were painted with a light grey color. A gigantic chandelier hung at the center of the hall. On the left corner, there was a staircase with a red carpet on it. Even though the place looked beautiful, it had an eerie feeling to it. I was lying in the middle of the floor, just below the chandelier. Soon I recognized why I was getting this eerie feeling. It was because this was the place where I was kept tied to the bed. I could recognize the black curtains, the furniture, the weird smell around, and many other similarities. I never knew this place was so huge. I was always kept inside the same room and thought it was some underground place but I was so wrong. It wasn't a basement; It was a whole fucking palace.

"Welcome back Alice" my head turned towards the voice. There she was, sitting above the 5 stairs on the black throne like the queen of the underworld.

"Caterina" I whispered.

"It's been a while since we met. Oh! How much I wanted to see Rafael hurt you but because of you and that Adriano, I was stuck in that jail. But see, now I am all free, sitting on my throne like a queen and you are there lying on the ground. Tsk, how pathetic" she said and laughed at her victory. She was wearing a black net gown which was ankle-length, had full hands, and had a deep V-neck. She wore a really expensive-looking diamond necklace and rings. She thinks of herself as a queen. She would never be able to become a queen. She is a witch.

I stood up slowly as my head was still hurting a lot. "You think whatever you did was right? People were right about you. You are mentally unstable. And to make it clear, you went to jail because of your acts and not because of me or Adriano. You deserved it. Actually, you know what? You and that son of yours deserve to rot in hell" I shouted at her. The anger and hurt in me couldn't hold itself back.

She looked angry and spoke "I think you seem to forget where you are and what all things had happened to you here. Do you want me to show you your place bitch?"

I rolled my eyes at her and asked "Why did you do all of this? Was it just because I came in between you and Mr. Angelo? You know, I've been thinking about this for so long because this reason didn't seem enough to me, as for you to take such an act of cruel revenge on me. It made me think maybe there's something else to this but then considering you are a psychopath, I thought maybe this is it. This is the only reason why you did what you did."

"I am not mentally unstable you wench. Don't you dare say that again or you'd wish you could've just died?" She screamed at me. "Now to answer your question; yes! I had other reasons for my actions. I thought you might have found out about it but you are such a fool." She smirked and all I wanted was to wipe that smirk off of her face. "I had known your father James for a long time. I was with him in college. You know he was the most handsome guy in the whole college. He was worth drooling upon. I wanted him for me and only me but your mother, that Blake snatched him from me. All I wanted to do was burn her alive but I couldn't because of my parents. They were always between me and my wishes so I decided to kill them instead. I was underaged at that time so my sentence wasn't too long. When I came back, I read the news about your birth. The second child of James and Blake. No wonder he was a millionaire, he had the brains for that.
I hated you since then because you had his features. You were like a person who showed the love between James and Blake and it made my skin crawl.
I decided to become as big as him, stronger than ever, and then snatch him away from everyone and marry him." A scary smile took over her face. "I decided to marry a businessman who owned a company. Just because of my loneliness and desire, I had Rafael.
Though I never loved that scumbag, he was a businessman and was very useful to me. So I made him do a deal with James's company and when the deal was signed I killed him and acted like a heartbroken widow. Ah! How irritating it was to act like a helpless woman, alone with a child in this cruel world" She rolled her eyes and started playing with her nails, admiring the manicure.
"Then I made a deal with your father and there I saw Antonio. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was so mesmerizing. But then I saw you. You were going to be his future daughter-in-law, the only thing common between James and Antonio. I tried to ignore you and focused myself on Antonio, but you! You had to come between us and spoil everything. You were the only one who was hitting on my nerve again and again. First being born with the same eyes and hair as your father, then becoming Antonio's daughter-in-law and now coming between us to destroy everything. Also, I don't know why Rafael wanted you. He saw you at a party and just wanted you all for himself. Even though I hated a lot of people but you were the only one whom I despised the most." She said. Her eyes had become red with anger.