CHAPTER 17: His Tattoos

My body is like my diary, every tattoo will be something in my life that makes me who I am today. ~Anonymous

I groaned as the sunlight from the window was too bright on my eyes making me squint them. As soon as I woke up, I felt something heavy on my stomach. I tried to open my eyes and what I saw was like a dream come true. Adriano slept on his front, with his arm draped across my stomach and his head between the crook of my neck. His hot breath on my neck and our position made me blush so hard that my cheeks might have turned into a bright red shade. This is what I used to dream about. To wake up to the person I love. A smile crept on my face when I saw him sleeping like a baby. I tried to wiggle from his hold but he was so heavy that all my efforts went in vain.

I suddenly noticed that he was shirtless and then I remembered what happened last night. After we kissed, he told me to rest and before I could say him to leave, he removed his shirt as it was covered with his sweat and my tears, and then he came and slept near me on the bed.

For the first time in six years, I slept peacefully without having the nightmares haunt me. This is unbelievable. I never thought I would ever be able to sleep without constantly waking up with sweat and tears.

"What are you thinking so hard this early in the morning?" Adriano said with his very deep, husky morning voice that sent a chill down my spine.

"Get up," I said and tried to wiggle out of his hold but he tightened it.

"It's just 6 in the morning. Stay still and sleep. You don't usually sleep well" He said. His face was still between the crook of my neck sending tingles every time he spoke.

"This is the first time in years I slept this well" I mumbled and then I turned my head towards him and saw him already looking at me. A soft smile decorated his gorgeous face. Even now he looked like an angel, so handsome. His hair was messed up and he had a slight pink tint to his nose and cheeks probably because of sleeping for so long in this position. He looked beautiful.

"You once told me I have the power to calm you. Whenever you are near me you feel peace. Maybe even the universe is now telling you to be with me, near me. But I was an asshole who never understood its message. I am so sorry for everything I've done baby." He said and pulled me closer. He kissed me softly on the crook of my neck and then on my cheeks.

"You did nothing wrong Adri. Please don't say that" I said.

He smiled and replied saying "I love you, my queen." He gave a peck on my lips.

A frown crept on my face which he noticed so he asked me "What's wrong baby?"

"You are going to marry Jane. This is wrong. She will be extremely hurt. And what are we going to tell the rest of them?" I said.

"Jane is a good person. She knew I could never love her because I've always loved you. I know she loves you and so she will understand. Now for the rest of them, grams and Jake will be more than happy with this. The people we need to take care of are my and your parents. They'll understand once they know the truth" He said.

My eyes widened at his statement I opened my mouth to ask but simultaneously he spoke cutting my words mid-air "Don't worry I won't be telling them anything for now. Right now we need to put an act and make everyone think nothing has changed. We need to act just like we were. This is the only way to get the truth out from our very dear Aunt. That woman should not doubt us. She thinks you are alone and no one would care if anything happened to you. She shouldn't know that I know the truth. All I am going to do today is tell everyone that I am going to pause the wedding for some time because of office work. Then we'll have to find out the truth." He said and all I could do was nod.