-9-

~~~
Alcrais P.O.V

"Um who's that?", I hear Carlos asking me when Rafael leaves the classroom.

"Huh him? He's Rafael he's the QB for our school and he's annoying as fuck!", I simply said. I can't believe Mrs. Grande pairing me with that jackass, I take it back she's NOT the best teacher in this school for that reason. We make our way to my locker and his surprisingly isn't too far away from mine.

"Boo!", I immediately jumped and almost hit my head on the locker door. I turn around and hit whoever that did that. "Ouchh bitch that hurts!", I see it's Agnez and I give her a middle finger.

"Oh who's that fine specimen?", Cassy said twirling her hair like she's some main character or something.

"His name is Carlos and he's just recently moved in to this school.", I see him make his way to me and my crackhead friends.

"Oh hi you must be Alcrais friends, I'm Carlos!", He offered a smile and I can already imagine what Cassy must've look like without looking at her.

"Damn Carlos? That sounds sexy like you aha!", She said embarrassingly and Carlos chuckles a bit at that and thanking her for the compliment. "I'm Cassy by the way but you can call me Babe.", she winked and blow a kiss at him. Me and Agnez hit her back and she glares at us.

"Anyway where's Miranda? Also where the fuck is Sandra?! she was with me earlier.", I asked them and they giving me the "I don't know either" look. We make our way to the cafeteria and it's surprisingly pretty crowded more than usual today.

"Can I sit with you guys?", Carlos asked and we nodded and Cassy been trying too hard flirting with him while we walk to grab the meal provided in school. The meals today is just Ham sandwich with Sunnyside egg and bunch of lettuce and tomato with orange juice and french fries with bean sauce. It's not a pretty appetizing menu but it's school catering so we can't complain much.

"Your friend seems so bold haha", Carlos whispered lowly to me when we walk ahead of them and I nodded.

"I know they're bunch of crackhead except for Miranda so hope you didn't regret your decision to sit with us.", I pointed, we passed the "popular table" and I swear I see Rafael was looking for at me intensely in public earlier. I don't know what he's on about now, hopefully he won't bother me again.

"Nah they're pretty cool, and I won't regret it especially when I get to seat with my matched cutie.", He teases and I tried not to smile at that, he's so sweet like it doesn't feel real. He's like that overly sweet and caring boyfriend in the cliché novel that I've read. He's got fine physics and also sweet attitude so far.

"Yeah yeah bullshit!!", I muttered.

We took a seat on the last row of the cafeteria table and begin to eat our meal as Sandra, Cassy, Miranda, and Agnez soon join us.

"Oh hey we got a newbie here.", I see Miranda smiles. "I've heard of you from these girls especially Cassy she-", Cassy immediately cover Miranda's mouth with her hands.

"You hear something? La la la no!", She sang and I continue chewing on the sandwich. She then release her hands from Miranda's mouth when she stop squirming. Miranda gives her an annoyed look but don't say anything afterwards.

Carlos give me an unsure look and I told him, "Just don't mind them.", He nodded at me.

"Anywho Sandra told us you had to partner up with Rafael?", Cassy ask as she start bitting on the meal she brought from home. Her and Miranda are the only one that brings lunch box from home because their mother are kind enough for that.

My mom couldn't be bothered.

"Yup.", I simply answered.

"Damn how did you feel about that?", I just shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know, he seems to be cool with it."

I can see Sandra lips turn upwards, she told me she ships me with Rafael or whatever and no she doesn't know yet. I think.

"Oh I hope he'd suddenly be into you, you guys would be cu-.", I slap her hand and she winced.

"Don't complete that sentence bitch!", I said tauntingly and being a brat she sticks out her tongue and I rolled my eyes. "Talk about annoying partner aren't you partnering with the short neck?", I retorted.

She waves me off, "I don't know he probably won't show up to do the thing and I'd probably interview some ghost instead.", She then snaps her finger. "That's it I'm gonna ask nothing said I'm interviewing ghost."

We just stare blankly at that then continue to do the things we do before. I can't help but wonder had Rafael been sweeter I'd grow a ball and ask him out.

Wait what?!

I would never ask him out maybe in other universe when pigs can fly and my mom being lesbian.

Me and Rafael together? Pffttt yeah right.

"You want to hang out with me after school?", I hear Carlos whispered snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry can't I got work after school until 7PM. " Truthfully I don't want to turn him down but he seems to understand and gives me a slight nod. "How about tomorrow? At this park near the Pullman Hotel?" I asked and he gives me a sweet smile.

"Yes! I'll be there, what time?", He asked and I see my friends shooting me with smirks.

"Oh you two going on a date already? damn..",  Sandra teases us and I just ignore her.

"Wait let me get your number so I can text you the exact time and stuff." We then exchange for each other numbers. Shortly the lunch breaks over and it's time for PE and it's my least favorite subject.

Not because I'm suck at it but because I have to deal with all those cocky jocks teasing for whole two hours.

Fuck me!

~~~

What's the subject you despise in school?

For me it used to be PE and History 🗿

Also Carlos is too attractive 🤩

If you enjoy this part, a vote would be more than appreciated ♥️

Wait for next updates, ly