ᴠɪ : ᴀғᴛᴇʀᴍᴀᴛʜ

Edward was torn

Edward was torn. Aquila's words hit him. He's trying to put the pieces together. Alice wasn't sure if she's human. She keeps on giving the lollipops that makes their urge to drink human disappear. And her eyes turned gold for a split second for heavens sake! When Carlisle entered the house, Edward quickly went up to him and whisked him inside the doctor's office.

"Carlisle, do you know anything about Aquila Black? Is she a shifter? Ephraim's descendant?" Edward asked quickly.

"She isn't a Quileut descendant as far as I know. She's British and her mother is Charlie Swan's adopted sister." Carlisle answered

"Adopted?"

"Yes. Charlie once told me that Luna Swan was left on his parents doorstep before they had him. Nobody knew who her parents were. She attended a boarding school in Scotland where she met her husband and had a daughter which is Aquila. She was supposed to attend the same school Luna attended. About Aquila's father, all we know is that his surname is Black and he isn't related to Billy Black." The coven leader stated. "Why did you asked?"

"Aquila is not human, that I know. But I want to know what she is. She is my mate after all. But she won't tell me unless I could tell her a secret." Edward explained. "I want to ask everyone's permission about telling Aquila what we are. Although I think she already knows and she's just waiting for me to come clean." Carlisle pondered on his adoptive son's words. Aquila Black didn't smell like a shifter and she is most certainly not a vampire. Before he could answer Edward, Alice bursted into the office and smiled at them.

"I already gathered everyone in the living room. They're ready." She beamed excitedly. Edward knew she saw something but Alice is good at hiding her thoughts and memories of the vision.

Rosalie was angry. Everyone, even Emmett, agreed to tell Aquila their secret. Sure she was civil towards the young Black but that doesn't mean she wanted her to be entangled in their world. She feels like she's the only one protecting this girl from their world.

"Rose, don't worry too much. She won't be in danger. I saw it." Alice soothes her coven sister.

Bell was standing at the spot where the accident happened. She was sure Edward was nowhere near Aquila. Why would Aquila lie about him being near? Does Aquila know Edward's secret? Why would Edward save Aquila? Her eyes shifted into the direction of Aquila who was leaning on her undamaged motorcycle reading a book with an odd cover written in another language. Her cousin doesn't look like someone who was almost killed on an accident.

Bella watched as Aquila walked to Mr. Molina who was asking for everyone's permission slip. Her gaze at her cousin hardened when she saw Edward approached Aquila with Alice and Jasper not so far away from them. She saw how Edward smiled at Aquila and her cousin smiled at him too.

Edward decided to approach Aquila as if nothing happened. He smiled at her and she returned the favor. But before they could exchange greetings, Mike Newton interrupted them.