xᴠ : ʟɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʀsᴇs

Edward sprung in front of Aquila as he let out a feral snarl which made James growl back

Edward sprung in front of Aquila as he let out a feral snarl which made James growl back. Aquila put her hand on Edward's arm as she pulled him behind her. The Cullens let out a protective growl when Aquila decided to step out of their line and come face to face with the three nomads.

"I saw your portrait in the Malfoy Manor." Laurent said, trying to diffuse the tension. He had heard of how ruthless the Blacks are. He had seen Bellatrix when the three of them were invited to join the deatheaters. Laurent refused and sped away after hearing the dark lord's offer because of the Volturi's declaration of neutrality. Victoria and James on the other hand stayed a little longer than he did. "I heard the dark lord had sent his followers to find the missing heiress of the most ancient and most noble house of Black. I never expected to encounter the heiress here."

"You've heard of me? Fantastic. Now you know it will do you more good than bad if you walk away and never tell anyone about what you saw here." Aquila said with the most vicious warning tone they have heard. No one expected the sweet and bubbly Aquila to sound so dominant and authoritative. Her voice gave them shivers.s

"The girl is with us." Carlisle declared.

"We knew better than to harm a Black." Laurent answered.

"Just try it." Emmett growled, feeling very protective of his new sister.

"I think it's best if you leave." Carlisle suggested.

"Yes. I can see the game is over. We'll go now." Laurent said then sped away.

Jasper and Edward smiled proudly, sensing and reading the fear of the other vampires. But James and Victoria remained standing.

"My my. The dark lord will reward us if we give you back to him." James said, letting his and Victoria's dark mark show.

"Unfortunately, I cannot let you bring unnecessary attention in this town." Aquila said, bringing her wand out.

"What are you gonna do, little princess? Stun me?" Victoria taunted.

"Being raised as a pureblood and a Black has its perks, dear." With some wand swishes, Aquila created a protective dome upon the Cullens. "And growing up with defense against the dark arts as a school subject can come in very handy." Aquila said and smirked.

The infamous Black smirk, a window towards their well known Black madness. It's as if something took over Aquila. Something without remorse. Something who wouldn't think twice before killing. Something sadistic, sociopathic and dangerous.

"Petrificus Totalus." Aquila whispered as her wand pointed at James.

"Let him go!" Victoria snarled as she tried to lunge at Aquila. Edward wanted to intervene and protect the Black witch but neither him or his family can get out of the dome Aquila created. With a flick of Aquila's wrist, Victoria was sent flying inside the forest.