Part 28

Steve

A few hours later Eddie was asleep on the couch when Robyn showed up. "Took you long enough" Steve rolled his eyes as he covered his boyfriend with a blanket. "Is he ok?" She asked, hanging her jacket on the coat rack. "Why would you care, you're too busy for us anyway." Steve shrugged, walking towards the stairs. "Steve, come on! You know it's not like that! I've just been really busy this week" she chased after him. He stopped in his tracks, turning to face her, anger flooding his system. "This week!? You never came to visit us once after the accident! And you've barely even spoken to either of us since then! It's like you gave up on me Robyn. Just like everyone else! Just like my parents, just like Nancy, just like Billy! just like everyone I've ever cared about! Because that's what I do! I hurt the ones around me." His heart ached at the thought of his ex.

"Steve..." a tear dripped down her cheek. "I'm so sorry... I never meant to hurt you, or abandon you..." Steve could see the hurt in her eyes, and he enveloped her in a hug. "Did something happen Rob? Please just talk to me" he sobbed quietly. She pulled away, and that's when he saw it. The tears had washed away the makeup on her face, revealing a purplish bruise under her left eye. He gasped, gently rubbing his thumb over it, and she flinched. More anger filled him, but this time it wasn't directed at Robyn, but at whoever had hurt her. Seeing the bruise brought back memories he'd been fighting to forget. Memories of when Billy would come home drunk and angry.

He shook his head. "You and Eddie both need me, but how can I be in two places at once?" He asked quietly. "Don't worry, I'll talk to Eddie, you need to sleep, you look exhausted" she smiled, squeezing his hand. "One thing, was it Vickie?" Steve asked as she took a step back. "No... it's Greyson..." she whispered quietly. "Greyson Reed?! The jock?!" "I know right, ironic given the fact that I feel no attraction to men" she chuckled. "God Robyn, you really like to make watching over you really damn hard" Steve huffed, and despite the situation, they both laughed, like really laughed.  

Sry for the 300 word chapter,  just having
Some writers block. Hope you have a good day :)