chapter 17.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ the ashes,
fall slowly,
as your voice,
consoles me. ❞

- after dark, mr. kitty.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Days went by, and Y/N was still asleep. When Shinobu was patching them up when they got back to the Butterfly mansion, she had realised that while their injuries weren't as bad as they seemed – some of the blood was from the demon that they had killed, they had exhausted their strength. Shinobu assumed that Y/N hadn't had proper sleep or food at least a few days prior to the mission with Lower Moon One, which caused them to faint.

It brought Shinobu some relief to know they would be okay and recover well – probably within the next day. She had spoken with the corps Leader about everything, he seemed rather worried and looked like he would want to rush over to the Butterfly mansion himself, but he kept a calm façade, and told Shinobu to tell him when they were awake.

-

Cracking their eyes open, their vision blurred. Y/N blinked a couple of times, allowing their eyes to get used to the brightness. They looked around and saw the familiar walls of the Butterfly estate. 'So, it had been Shinobu-san that yelled out.' They thought.

The h/c haired slayer put their weight on their hands and slowly sat up, making sure to not irritate their wounds. They saw a cup of water on the table next to them, they picked it up and took a sip. Not realising someone had opened the door, only turning their head once they heard a gasp, "Shinobu-sama!"

Y/N heard the familiar young voice of Kanzaki Aoi, the main nurse for injured demon slayers. The door opened once again, this time Shinobu had walked in with Aoi right behind her.

"You're awake." Shinobu spoke, her usual closed eye smile (that she got from Kanae) on her face.

Y/N hummed, nodding their head, "It seems so."

There were a few seconds of silence before a loud smack was heard, Aoi gaped at the scene. Shinobu had harshly bonked Y/N on the head, her smiled strained in anger, "If you do that to me- me and Kanao again, you'll wish you were dead. I've been trying to find a test subject for my poisons." Shinobu calmed down after that, pulling the e/ced person into a hug, "I'm glad you're alright." She whispered as Y/N put her arms around Shinobu, tightening the hug.

Shinobu stepped away after a few seconds, putting her hands on her hips, "I'll let Aoi check up on you," She paused for a moment, "Oyakata-sama wants to talk to you once you've recovered well."

Y/N tilted their head, allowing Aoi to check their injuries, "I feel fine."

Shinobu deadpanned at them, then looked at Aoi who turned her head back towards the Insect Pillar, nodding. She looked back at Y/N, a stern expression on her face with her hands on her hips, "You are good to go, but if you ever make me that scared again, I will personally use Shinobu-san's poisons on you myself."