chapter 44

❝ something lately drives me crazy,
has to do with how you make me
struggle to get your attention,
calling you brings apprehension. ❞

- super psycho love, simon curtis.

[ren loving the upper moon meeting being animated so much they make a whole chapter dedicated to it? more likely than you think! fr though, that intro with akaza

[ren loving the upper moon meeting being animated so much they make a whole chapter dedicated to it? more likely than you think! fr though, that intro with akaza... which wasn't even in the manga; the specific locations they picked to show. that one shot of akaza's eyes+the lights... heartbroken. also can we talk about kokushibo and yoriichi finally being ANIMATED? i screamed again when i saw them on screen again.
i have a very bad obsession with those two.
also mitsuri and nezuko my loves...]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Akaza let go of Y/N, knowing they'd want to join the others, and took a step in the same direction.

PANG.

Or... maybe not.

Akaza looked around, the sight of a million doors, encompassed by walls and floors, stairs leading upwards and downwards.

The Infinity Castle.

The time in which he was summoned to when Upper Moon Six died was exponentially small. He'd had no  time to prepare for it being this close. Akaza was just glad he had time to warn Y/N, and even more glad that he had let go of them at that singular point just before he was summoned.

If he had been holding onto them when he was summoned, they would've come straight with him.

Sighing, Akaza clenched his fists. This meeting would decide whether or not all the lying was truly worth it, even just being in this place made Akaza's skin crawl.

It was now or never.

Diving headfirst down, flying passed through into a blue area - one that Douma liked to occupy. Just the thought of that demon was enough for Akaza to glare at the house in the middle, each pathway leading nowhere but somewhere.

Going straight passed Douma's area, Akaza landed on a floor in a kneel, he turned his head and stood up as lights flickered on and the walls shook and changed shape. One part flew towards Akaza, sending him upwards.

Standing on top of the changed wall, he stared upwards as it continued going up, poles coming out from the bottom and the top, the place like a maze - this was Kokushibo's area when he wanted to challenge people to a duel (mostly Akaza, since Douma wasn't one for fighting... 'friends').

Akaza stared at the light that came from the ceiling, the reflection resembles a bunch of fireworks in the night-sky against the pink-haired demon's honey-like orbs. The sight made a icily-hot like feeling coil around the demon's chest like a snake. The feeling greatly confused him but it only served to increase his growing evidence on something he was beginning to believe since meeting Tamayo.