chapter 47

❝ if you've lost your way,
i will leave the light on. ❞

- leave a light on, tom walker.

[so... this might be the only update for the week, i'm gunna be extremely busy and i'm going to the netherlands for the weekend and all my assignments are due next week, i'm so sorry.
if i can, i'll definitely try and upload something saturday/sunday for you guys.
if i can't, expect a double update on the same day next week, okay? <3
i'm sorry once again, but it'll only be like this, this week! i finish uni year on the 12th may :)]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

The next few days continued in the same way. Except with the added bonus of being able to stay at their own estate now, Y/N continued to train with Yoriichi, and was slowly beginning to get their peak back from way before they had been injured in the stomach. It was a slow type of progress, but one that Y/N needed to get back on track with. In their current state, they would be able to put up a fight against a Lower Moon, but it would be a struggle (Y/N would say they would still come out the victor) but it was just something they had to work on.

Every day was near enough the same; waking up early in the mornings, eating breakfast, working out, lunch. After lunch, they'd relax for a few hours by reading a book, or hang out with their friends who randomly came over (Giyuu had come over on their first day back at the estate, saying he didn't want them to feel lonely which was super sweet) and decided to bother Y/N.

Every day was the near enough the same, yet it wasn't.

Akaza still hadn't come back, and it had been nearly over a week since he had disappeared, and Y/N knew he could handle himself, but it had been gone for a suspicious amount of time and they were starting to get worried for the demon.

There was also the fact that their friends were starting to ask if they were okay, showing that their worry was becoming more apparent. Y/N was even more thankful that Obanai hadn't muttered a word about Akaza, not even to Mitsuri and that made them love him even more - as much as he despised demons, he still kept their secret until they were ready to say something

Y/N woke up at same time they do everyday, got ready and did their training.

The day continued like normal; lunch with Gyomei this time, the father-older-brother-like figure wanting to know how they were getting on with being back at their estate and how they were feeling.

They trained with Yoriichi, which made the score now 354-1 to Yoriichi. The little score was something the two had made as a little joke, but they kept it up ever since it started. Even if Y/N was losing... horrendously. It's not like they expected to beat the first breath user, so it was all fun.

They trained well into the night, it being one of the times Y/N was able to keep up longer than usual, with their newly improved stamina from training so hard.