KOKUSHIBO's ending

KOKUSHIBO/TSUGIKUNI MICHIKATSU:

the teacher

↪ song: lost in a wave by landmvrks.

❝you were always so caught up in your one-sided sibling rivalry, that you never really lived, did you? it consumed your whole being. it deprived you of your soul and your life... but i hope, with me, you can have your second chance at life.❞

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

When he thought he'd be in the afterlife, the first thing he'd see would fire.

Not Y/N's e/c eyes being the only thing he could see.

"What the... fuck."

"Hi Koku!" 

Y/N was now waving enthusiastically, beaming down at him.

"What... the fuck." He repeated.

"You're dead, babe."

"What...the...fuck..." He repeated once more.

"Yeah, you're dead now. I've been waiting for you! You took so long."

"..."

Y/N just sighed, letting their expression fall to neutral and crouched beside him. "You okay?"

"...Yes. You just... surprised me." Michikatsu spoke slowly; Y/N guessed he'd never broken out of the habit, not that they were complaining. They loved that small habit of his. "And call... me Michikatsu, Y/N. You are allowed... you know?"

Y/N smiled softly at him, "Alright, Katsu... You surprised me with your cursing."

"Katsu...? Anyways," Michikatsu mumbled the nickname and shook his head, not questioning it. Then spoke louder, "I was spending... too much time with... that Tokito boy. He grew up to... swear quite a bit, and... I think it may have grown... on me subconsciously."

"I think it did," Y/N exhaled through their nose, amusement swirling in their iris'. "Muichiro was very savage when I knew him. He's your... descendant, right?"

"Yes... He is," Michikatsu nodded, "He was... rather nice and helped me... settle in. As well... as the Kamado siblings... and the short... black-haired angry man."

"Genya?"

"...Yes."

Y/N hummed, and stood up, holding out their hand for Michikatsu to take, to which he did. The two stood still, looking at each other in silence, unable to look away.

"So... this is where... we part ways... right?" Michikatsu questioned, a hint of remorse inflicting in tone, as much as he tried to hide it.

Crossing their arms, Y/N raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think I'm leaving you behind?"

"...You are going... to Heaven, no?" He was only confused; the light behind them made it obvious.

"You think I stayed here, waiting for you, just to leave you and go to Heaven?" Y/N stared at the 5'9 man, blinking rapidly.

Michikatsu only blinked back slowly, like a cat.

"I'm going to Hell with you," Y/N frowned at him, stepping forward and taking both of his hands in theirs, making sure to keep eye contact. "And no, you can't discourage me from this decision and—"

"...Okay."

"—I've spent many hours on my own thinking about it. Wait—"

"Okay." Michikatsu nodded, voice filled with mirth. He blinked slowly once more.

"Okay. Cool." Y/N stuttered, a heavy exhale leaving their lips, "I thought I'd have to convince you some more."

Michikatsu raised an eyebrow, plum eyes lighting up, "I would like to spend the rest of my days in Hell with you, if you are willing to come with me. I won't say no to you."

"Holy shit, okay," Y/N leaned in and, with a burst of confidence and bravery from the light confession, pressed their lips against Michikatsu's, a hand going to his cheek, tilting their head for easier access.

Michikatsu froze - though the tops of his ears burned a bright red, along with his neck and cheeks - and took a second, but responded eagerly. Stepping forward to push their chests together, and wrapping his arms around their waist.

Parting away from each other, they stayed in the same position, only leaning their face further away to be able to breath.

Y/N smiled at Michikatsu, "Ready?"

"Always with you by my side."