chapter 38

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ come kiss me hard in the pouring rain
you like your girls insane
so, choose your last words, this is the last time
'cause you and i, we were born to die. ❞

- born to die, lana del ray.

[before the chapter starts, i have a question for you guys regarding my genshin book that i have in the works

[before the chapter starts, i have a question for you guys regarding my genshin book that i have in the works... would you like it to be gender neutral to? i'm unsure, but i'd gladly like your guys' input! unfortunately, i'm not going to be publishing the book for quite a bit - i'd like to finish this book (and hopefully get quite far with DLMLU) before i publish another work. but if you guys would like, in the next chapter i can give you the description for it? if you're interested!]

[also, a very massive thank you for 20k (21k now!) reads, i appreciate everyone who gives this book a chance! it makes me very happy to know people enjoy it, and i read everyone's comments, and i do giggle at some of them sometimes. <3]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

A sword covered in crimson and golden eyes dropped to the ground, clattering against the soft green grass that swayed with the slight breeze.

"Squawk! You must hurry, Y/N-san!" Kazuha screeched, "You must hu—"

The crow stopped talking one he saw the other demon, wondering why he didn't sense the demon - until he realised he felt no malicious intent from the six-eyed demon.

Y/N and Akaza continued to stare at him, one guarded, one happy.

"You're...alive...?" Kokushibo whispered in question.

"I haven't seen him this speechless since I show my swordsman skills for the first time." Yoriichi joked from beside Y/N who had a very hard time holding in a snort. That man was being out of character today, but it may be because he was happy to see his brother and his favourite person together for the first time in a long while.

"I'm alive, Kokushibo." Y/N smiled at the demon, fiddling with their pocket until they found what they were looking for, "Sweet?"

Kokushibo lifted an eyebrow, "You... know I can't... eat those... right?" Y/N just sent sweet smile to him.

Akaza snorted at the scene, until Kokushibo directed his gaze to Akaza who went rigid under the eye contact, "When did... you know?"

Akaza grimaced, "About a month ago. I was with them while they were recovering."

"Recovering...from what?" Kokushibo glared at the pink-haired demon, hand already reaching out for his sword on the ground.

Akaza sweatdropped, "I... nearly killed them."

Before anything else could happen, Y/N pulled away from Akaza and put their hands up in a surrender motion, "Uh, guys. I'm alive, and well, and I've finally got my old friends back, please do not fight. I also have somewhere to be, and I cannot be late for it."