chapter 73

❝ oh, bless my heart
when the wolves take me away
don't fall apart
when i come back from the grave. ❞

- don't go insane, dpr ian.

[ posting on stray kids' comeback day as a little something since this book is based off one of their songs

[ posting on stray kids' comeback day as a little something since this book is based off one of their songs. CAN WE TALK ABOUT IT THOUGH? absolutely phenomenal, i love the album sm. it's been on repeat.

that said; i can't pick a favourite. i love each song for my own reasons. i adore the rock vers. of lalalala a lot. i'm so glad they included it. ]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"...Who...?"

The silhouette only walked closer. Slow, elegant - graceful. Those were the only way to describe the person who stood before them, even without seeing their face. Y/N could only begin to describe them with the grace of a God.

The shadow chuckled softly, fondness leaking out of it like moonlight's shining. "You wouldn't be too far from the truth, my dear Y/N."

It was only then that the moon's light seemed to shine on the person. Long, billowing wavy mercury-like - akin to the moon behind them - hair that stopped midway through their back. Sapphire eyes that glowed, and burned as bright as fire. Androgynous features that complemented their face well, not a blemish or strand of hair out of place.

"... Tsukuyomi-sama?"

"Yes," Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto answered, their hands crossed across their stomach, swallowed by the sleeves of their kimono. "It is I, my child. And we have much to discuss in such little time..."

They crouched before Y/N, arms still crossed and smiled at them, "Come," They spoke again, "We shall walk as we talk."

Y/N could only get out, still in shock at seeing the person- a God, in person. Much more the fact it was the God of the Moon.

It was silent as they walked in time with each other, the only sounds being of Tsukuyomi's kimono moving with their feet, slightly dragging across the floor as they walked.

"You probably have many questions, my child. I will do my best to answer them, but we have not much time, so I will give you the more important details,"

Y/N tilted their head, nodding. "I am not dead, yet, am I?"

"No," The God shook their head, an amused lilt to their tone, "You are just unconscious for now, but you have lost a lot of blood."

The h/c haired could only sigh in relief, thinking about how Tanjiro was out facing Kibutsuji alone - but they knew he was stronger.

"You are right to worried about that young man," Their voice a soft whisper, calm like the moon, yet bright as the stars that littered the skies. "You'll always be one of the humans that I have slowly learned to cherish, and be thankful to witness."