chapter 62

❝ singing a gentle snooze
pleading guilty, i repent
deprived of oxygen, scared to lose
candlelit fire, burnt and spent. ❞

- perfect blues, hannah bahng.

[ ngl, this chapter isn't the best, it's kinda just setting everything up for the last two arcs

[ ngl, this chapter isn't the best, it's kinda just setting everything up for the last two arcs... it's all coming together, guys.

also this chapter goes on through a few days, not just one singular day. :>]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

It wasn't long after the meeting that special training had soon began, what would be called 'Hashira Training'. Normally, Hashira would only be training themselves and their Tsugoko, however with the new revelation of Nezuko conquering the sun, demons that previously wrecked havoc across the country, stopped doing so, leaving Hashira with more time on their hands than before. Since demons stop ravaging around, information was scarce and missions were becoming less and less needed.

Like it was the calm before the storm.

So, Hashira were only sent to their usual patrol around their specific area during the night, and training the lower ranked Demon Slayer's during the day.

Each Hashira had a different subset of skills they were focused on training on; for example, physical fitness with Uzui Tengen, who had come with his wives out of retirement to help the Corps. Flexibility with Kanroji Mitsuri, high-speed movement with Tokito Muichiro. Whilst Iguro Obanai taught swordsmanship, and infinite strikes with Shinazugawa Sanemi.

L/N Y/N's training focused on stamina training and battle instincts. Whilst Sanemi's contributed to stamina - with infinite sword strikes - his was more focused on swordsmanship, whilst Y/N's focused more on maintaining their ultimate physique at peak condition for hours on end without stopping. Whilst also helping them to train their body to know where an attack is coming from.

(They had to thank Yoriichi for that - he was the one who had helped them, afterall - they could kiss him for that fact, as much as they hated doing it.)

After Y/N's training was strength training with Gyomei - to which they were thanking the Gods above they didn't have to go through that again.

Not only was training low-ranked Slayer's apart of the new job description, but Y/N, Muichiro and Mitsuri were told to continue training to their fullest capacity to keep their marked condition.

Not that Y/N had to say anything, because they'd had their mark since their fight with Kibutsuji at the earliest, so they continued with what they were doing as usual.

Which was what they were doing right now, having no students to teach at that moment in time, until a crow came in with a scroll.

"Oh, Kazuha..." Y/N muttered, standing up from their splits, stretching their arms a little before taking the scroll from the red-tuffed crow. Reading the contents within it, Y/N's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, an expression of shock taking over their features. Then lastly, a look of sorrow.