Chapter 8

The next day when everyone was having their morning tea a maid informed maa begum about Guests arrival. Maa begum was so happy that she rushed to the main door to welcome them.

"Assalamualaikum Ijaz  bhai", maa begum said and meet her only brother." Walaikum assalam", ijaz said. Maa begum hugged her sister in law afiya. Murtasim hugged his mamu jaan. He patted his back and teased him,"Wah beta, Shaadi bhi kar li bataya bhi". He smiled lightly and said," ji.... Bas aur kya".

Meerab stands up from her seat and meet them. Maa begum introduced meerab to everyone," Yeh hai mere iklote bete ki anokhi biwi". Meerab smiled shyly with this compliment." Mashaallah, kisi ki nazar na lage", Afiya  said.

Ijaz placed his hand on meerab's head d bless her,"Khush raho aabad raho".
They all settled down on the sofa. Murtasim excuse himself to take a call.

Mariyam dragged meerab with her. And the all of them are talking anwar too came there. And joined them.

"Meerab kahan hai bhabhi begum?", anwar asked." Woh mariyam ke kamre mein hai", maa begum said." Haya bhi hai wahan?", he asked." Haan woh log sab mil kar meerab ke sath baat kar rahi hain", maa begum said.

Murtasim came and meet his uncle. They hugged each other." Assalam walekum chacha saab", he said." Walaikum assalam mere sher", anwar said and patted his back.

They all sat and start talking about zamindari and business.

******

In the evening everyone was getting ready for walima party.

Jab tak hai zameen
Jab tak hai aasman
Tum mere hi raho
Bas itna hai armaan

Mariyam and Some girls are helping meerab to getting ready for her walima.

"Bhabhi aap yeh kanch ki choodiyan utar dein yeh apki dress ke sath match nhi ho rahi", mariyam said. But she refused to take them off." Nahi mariyam yeh mujhe murtasim ne kharid kar diya tha", she replied.

Someone heared it from behind and retired from there without saying anything.

"Bhabhi aapko taiyar kar dun aayein", mariyam said.

"Aap log jayein baki ka main khud ready ho jaungi", meerab said. And they left from there." Okay aap ready ho jaiye hum log chalte hain", mariyam said and also left.

Tumhein band lun main anchal mein
Jaise chand rahe badal mein
Hum jachte hai aise jaise
Saaje nain kajal mein

She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. Her joda ws looking so beautiful yet elegant. She combed her hair and put her mangteeka on head.

She close her eyes and imagined murtasim's face. There is no doubt about that she has feelings for him. Yes her heart only belongs to him only.

In last few weeks she start liking him because of his caring nature. When no one was there for her he takes stand fir her, he promised to protect her from every evil things.

Her lips curled into a bright smile by imagining his smiling face.

Mehbooba main teri mehbooba

She looked at at mirror and remembered how he hold her hand infront of everyone and said that she's his wife.
How he takes stand for her, how he protect her from that evil malik zubair.