Chapter 27

Marium was going towards the kitchen when she saw maya was hurriedly going towards the kitchen. She followed her silently.

"Maya appi kya kar rahi hain aap?", marium asked. Maya startled by seeing her there.

"Woo...woh main ku..kuch bhi nhi kar rahi thi", maya stammered.

"Accha", marium uttered raising her brows.

"Haa...haan"

"Aap doodh kyun phek rahi hain sink pe?", marium asked.

"Wo.. Woh is mein makkhi gir gayi thi", maya said. It was a white lie. Marium looked at her with a suspicious glance making her gulp in nervousness.

"Aap rakh dein... Ek billi aati hai usse de denge hum baad mein"

"Nhi", she almost shouted."matlab nhi nhi kisi mat do. Phek deti hun", maya said with a forced smile and drained the glass of milk in the sink. She left the place as soon as she can.

Marium took the glass in her hand. She looked at the glass with dubiety. A kind of purplish powder was stuck in the bottom of the glass and smelling differently.

Marium put the glass on the sink and turn towards the glass oven to make tea for them. Her Mind was stucked on maya. Why she was looking nervous and scared when she asked her about what she was doing.

Placing her thoughts in a she placed the cups on the tray and headed toward the living room.

"Meerab ko bula lao beta. Sare mehman aa gaye hain. Rasam shuru karni hai", maa begum said to marium.

"Jiii jati hun main", marium uttered.

She goes upstairs and Marium the room door.

"Bhabi aap taiyar ho gayi? Main aaun?", marium asked.

"Andar aa jao marium", Meerab uttered. Her voice was barely reachable.

"Aap thik hain na bhabi?", marium asked.

"Haan... Bas iske movements kuch zyada hi ho rahe hain din ba din", she said..

"Thoda baith jayein aap", marium said.

She took the glass and filled it with water and gave it to Meerab.

"Tumne maya appi ke hathon doodh bhijwaya tha?", Meerab asked and gulped down some water.

"Nhi toh. Kyun?"

"Woh aayi thi le kar. Keh rahi thi ke tumne bhijwaya hai. Maine mana kar diya", meerab said while placing the glass on the side table.

"Magar maine toh nhi bhijwaya", marium replied while thinking something deeply.

"Kya hua?", meerab asked shaking her shoulder a little.

"Ku...kuch bhi nhi. Aap taiyar ho jayein"

"Mann nhi kar raha marium", meerab said.

Marium turned towards her and cupped her face.

"Udaas mat hoiye aap... Itne din sabr kiya hai aapne thoda aur sahi. Sab ki khusi ke liye chalte hain na", marium said to encourage her.

She nodded her head gently.

Wearing a light golden anarkali kurti with a dark red embroidered dupatta she came downstairs along with marium. Her steps are small and measured.

Maa begum approached her and kissed her on the forehead and done the first sadakah.

"Allah meri bacchi ko buri nazar se bachaye", she uttered and gave the bundle of money to a maid and told her to distribute it to the poors.

They made her sit on a chair and covered her head with her pallu. Everyone was

Everyone was giving their precious blessings to the mother to be and the baby. Everyone was around her laughing, smiling, singing, enjoying the event but she was feeling empty without him.

She wanted to go to her room and cry her heart out. She was missing her so much.

'It's our baby shower ceremony but aap aaj bhi nhi aaye', she thought maintaining a forced smile on her face.

The main door widely opened with a sound. Her eyes trailed towards the entrance. A very familiar structure was standing infront of the door wearing a black salwar kameez and a white shawl around his shoulders, a wide smile was playing in his lips.

Her heart started beating rapidly, tears are streaming from her eyes uncontrollablely. She smiled through her tears.

"Murtasim", she gasped Emotionally.

He walked towards them with a wide smile. Her body was feeling numb, she didn't get that much courage to go ran towards her and hug him.

Maa begum's eyes welled up with tears by seeing him infront of them. She pulled him in a hug while he wiped his mothers tears.

"Kahan chale gaye the tum murtasim? Hum sab ke bare mein nhi socha? Hum sab ne toh aas hi chhor di thi bete woh toh meerab thi jo ladti rahi yeh keh kar ke uska sohar zinda hai", maa begum said with tears.

"Sab bataunga maa par waqt aane pe", he said and wiped off his mothers tears.

Murtasim looked at his wife who was still sitting on the chair. He opened his arms and gestured her to come in his embrace. His eyes are filling with tears by looking at her. Dark circles under her eyes, pale face, like she lost her charm.

Securing her in his embrace he kissed her forehead when a tear rolled down from his cheeks. He didn't cared how many persons are here and so, the only thing matter to him is her.

She hide her face in his embrace. Breathing in his smell after a long time. He caressed her hairs gently when she started sobbing in his embrace.

"Kya haal bana liya hai hai apna. Dhyan kyun nhi rakhti apna", he said.

She broke the hug and looked at him while tears are running down from her yes. He wiped her tears with his thumb.

"Aap aur chhor kabhi jayenge, aise faltu ke mazak nhi karenge waada kijiye", she asked him.

"Waada kiya nhi jaunga aab kahin bhi", he said.

Finally they were together after a long term of separation. Everyone was so happy with it but someone lost her colour by seeing him alive.

After the baby shower ceremony when all guests are left, only his mamu's family and his family was there. They are normally talking  about random things when someone rang the door bell.

Maa begum ordered a maid to open the door. As the maid opened the the some police officer and constable walked in in the house.

"Aap yahan inspector sahab?", anwar asked.

"Jii humein khabar mili hai ke ek mujrim hai yahan", the inspector said.

"Apko sayad galat fehmi hui hogi"

"Nhi anwar sahab humein pakki khabar mili hai"

Murtasim was watching all this sitting besides his wife with a mischievous smile.
Meerab clutched onto his hands.

"Kiski baat kar rahe hain yeh?", she asked him in a low voice.

"Tum bekar ka stress na lo jaan", he said placing her head on his shoulder.

"Magar mujrim hai koun yeh toh boliye? Humein jitna pata hai yahan humare family ke log hi hain. Aur Ijaz Ali sahab ki family hai", anwar said.

"Jii hum batate hain batate hain. Attempt to murder ka case laga hai hai mujrim pe. Aur Khan saab ne bulaya hai humein yeh keh kar ke mujrim yaheen hai"

Everyones expressions are horrified except him. Meerab looked at him with a confused  look.

To be continue....

Feedbacks>>>>>>

Ismit04 and everyone forgive me for giving a trauma to you all 🥲🙏