Chapter 20

The next the in the awe hours of dawn he leave to visit village. Without telling anyone anything he left the Mansion.

She wakes up from her sleep and find his side was empty. She headed toward washroom and took a bath. She had come back from the washroom but he was still missing.

Maa begum was calling them to go to Marium's in laws house for a ritual. Meerab came downstairs runningly.

"Murtasim kahan hai meerab?", maa begum asked her. She glanced at her mother in law.

"Woh pata nhi kahan hain. Main neend se jaagi toh woh room mein nhi the", she replied.

"Achanak kahan chala gaya Murtasim", maa begum said with tension.

She dialed his number but it was switch off. Her heart sank into a pool of fear and tension. She noticed an eagerness in maa begum's gaze.

"Kya hua?"

"Phone switch off hai unka", she replied.

"Pata nhi kahan gayab ho murtasim. Behen ki shaadi hui hai uske, bhai ke kuch farz bhi hote hain", maa begum said.

"M...main thodi der baad phir se try karti hun"

After a while his phone was ringing but he didn't picked up call. She was roaming here and there with her phone. What is wrong with him? Where he is? Many questions are roaming in her mind.

She again call him. He picked up the call this time. "M...murtasim aap..", he interrupted in between,

"kya hai yaar? Jab call receive nhi kar raha hun toh obviously kisi kaam mwin busy hun. Bar bar Call mat karo please", he said rudely.

"Baat toh sunein please"

"Baad mein call karta hun", he cut the call.

Tears started streaming from her eyes. He never ever talked to her in a rude manner. Her Heart was paining with his this gesture.

"Pata nhi inko achanak kya ho gaya? Kis baat se pareshan ho gaye?", she uttered while sobbing.

Wiping her tears she turn and find maya there. Maya was looking at her mischievously.

"Mard ki mohabbat hoti hi aisi hai, mann bhar gaya toh aurat ko sarr ke taaj se pairon ki dhul bana dete hain", maya exclaimed.

"Mere sohar aise bilkul nhi hai, zabaan sambhal kar baat karein aap", she replied firmly.

"Toh kahan hai tumhara sohar bolo? Dikh raha hai aas paas? Aisa kounsa kaam aa gaya ke bina bole Murtasim gayab ho gaya. Uske behen ka walima hai na aaj", maya was trying her best to create a scene.

"Usse aap ka koi lena dena nhi hai samjhi aap", she said raising her index finger. Eye's are filled with anger.Maya left the place immediately.

She headed towards their room. She dialed bakhtu's number.

"Assalamualaikum bakhtu bhai"

"Walaikum assalam meerab bibi boliye", he replied.

"Khan kahan hai?"

"Woh toh panchayat mein baithe hain bohot dair se, jaise hi woh aate hain main apki baat karwata hun"

"Uski koi zarurat nhi hai, aap bas thoda khayal rakhiyega", she said.

"Jii Meerab bibi"

"Allah hafiz", she said and cut the call.

She informed maa begum that he was in
Village.

"Woh kab tak laut raha hai? Kya kaha usne?", maa begum asked her.

"Meri unse baat nhi hui", she said lowering her gaze sadly.