AZI Volume 5 Chapter 13

(Almost everyone in this world is a weapon spirit, then... She's no exception. However, she's clearly different from everyone else—with those horns on her head. Also, the Moon Guards...)

Looking at Nian Yao Yao and Zhui Yun, Long Hua's eyes give off a gleam that is akin to an appraiser of valuables.

"...? What's up with that look on your face?"

Discomfort is rather evident on Nian Yao Yao's face as she asks this. For Zhui Yun, it's especially worse.

"Nothing."

Turning to Zhui Yun, Long Hua asks—

"Not going to launch a surprise attack?"

"..."

With a frown on her face, Zhui Yun shakes her head, to which, Long Hua remarks—

"I see that the thuggish kid has grown up. Pleasant surprise."

Towards this remark, Zhui Yun's expression turns to one of extreme unpleasantness. However, hints of dread can still be seen on her face—making her seem akin to a frightened animal that's trying to defend its last bit of pride.

Out of curiosity, Nian Yao Yao asks—

"So, who's the wife?"

"...You've already seen her."

"Uh?"

Clicking his tongue, Long Hua is reluctant to name the individual, hence he replies—

"The one who used one kick to sever an entire family's bloodline."

Having said this, Long Hua turns away from Nian Yao Yao, and hops onto the yacht with Tian Cheng—leaving the two speechless.

"Wait, you're just going to leave me hanging at that?! How did you two meet?! Who confessed first?!"

Silence is Long Hua's reply to these questions, as he heads into the lower cabin.

Momentarily, Zhui Yun says—

"Lady Nian, let's just leave for now. There'll be plenty of chances to ask in the future."

"I guess?"

.........

The next morning, Long Hua drops by the renovated office with Tian Cheng.

Naturally, he is no longer wearing a changpao; and is instead dressed in a black coat over a white shirt with dark jeans.

"Oh?"

Stepping into the office that has its walls, ceiling, and floor redone, Long Hua is somewhat impressed.

The useless self-serving bar has been removed, and is swapped out for a countertop. Below that is a fridge and freezer unit.

Situated at the top of the counter is a coffee machine with its necessities organized on a wooden shelf.

Aside from the coffee machine is a portable electric heater for boiling tea water.

"..."

Walking over to the new leather sofa with Tian Cheng, Long Hua sits down. Compared to the old ones from before, this one is much more comfortable.

The table that is surrounded by the two sofas and one armchair is also new, and is made from polished black wood.

"I gotta say, the general really did us a favor."

Seated in a leather-wrapped rolling chair was Ye Chen, who had a look of satisfaction on his face, as he made this remark.

"Indeed. There's even a shower room back here."

Stepping out from the far-right corner's entrance is Li Xue, who is dressed in a white cardigan over a sleeveless white shirt. Pairing with her upper wear is a loose pair of black pants with short black boots.

"Odd to see vice-captain not in a business suit-like attire."

Towards Long Hua's remark, Li Xue replies—

"That's my work uniform. Felt like it was too much of a hassle to change out of it in the past. But with the new restroom, I figured that I may as well put it to good use."

Momentarily, Yu Ji and Qing Yue step into the office with a look of amazement on their faces, with the former asking—

"Everything got swapped out?"

Moving out of his chair, Ye Chen comes over to the sofa occupied by Li Xue, and answers—

"Pretty much. Right then, let's get down to business, shall we?"

As everyone seated themselves, Ye Chen turns to Long Hua and Tian Cheng, and adds—

"Is what I would like to do, but surnamed Long, you mind if I ask what your relationship with the maid is exactly?"

Seeing as how Ye Chen had helped him hold back Wang Yongning yesterday while he was giving Zhang Yong a beating, Long Hua smiles faintly, and answers—

"Feel free to call me Long-laoban, I guess? She's my servant."

"When did you become the boss of a corporation?"

"After my marriage yesterday."

"Uh?"

"...?"

Simultaneously, all eyes widen with shock.

"Ai, private matter, don't ask. Let's just get down to business."

Not willing to spend any time on this matter, Long Hua pushes the main discussion forward, to which, Ye Chen says—

"I suppose? In any case, our next task has been decided. A grade five ruin."

Immediately, the air in the office turns solemn.

"Was it-?"

Before Qing Yue can finish her question, Li Xue shakes her head, and says—

"This one is similar to the one in GC021. It was brought out by the military, a day after a certain company's CEO had started the trend."

"Not going through an auction, but brought outright—isn't that an abuse of authority?"

Towards Yu Ji's remark, Ye Chen chuckles, and replies—

"And what of it really? The military are the main forces guarding the frontlines. If they do something underhanded, most individuals will close an eye to it. Look, I'm not saying it's fine for them to do that; but sometimes, such an act of authority abuse is necessary. Also, this ruin is a bit special, as they've found out—when performing a preliminary scouting with the members of the hall."

"Special how?"

Answering Qing Yue's question is Li Xue, who picks up her laptop, and turns its screen towards the others.

"...?"

Simultaneously, Yu Ji and Qing Yue stare at the laptop screen with a bit of confusion.

What is being displayed to them is a deep blue ocean, and above it, are dark clouds.

Raising an eye, Long Hua snorts out a laugh, and says—

"Oh, I see how it is."

As the others turn to him, Long Hua explains—

"What is being displayed on the vice-captain's laptop is the ruins. Unlike the desert, we're dealing with an entire ocean this time."