AZI Volume 5 Chapter 61

*Aaaaaaaaannnn!!!* pressing its forelimbs into the seas, the pale white weapon spirit begins to make its way towards the first island.

Having been sealed within this place for so long, its animalistic instincts told the weapon spirit to head into the outside world to hunt for more fodder, so that it may strengthen itself further.

"Bombs away!"

As helicopters loom over the weapon spirit, the individuals onboard begin to drop artillery shells onto the former.

*Boom!!! Boom!!! Boom!!!* as blasts go off above its back, the weapon spirit growls with obvious displeasure, as it lunges its shoulder blade tails outwards!

"Evasive maneuvers!"

Most of the helicopters managed to get away before being struck by the weapon spirit's tails; however, the few that didn't were fated to fall.

.........

Back on the main island—

"Ah... This is going nowhere."

With a pair of binoculars in hand, Yun You remarks as such, as he sees the situation involving the pale white weapon spirit from the shores.

Much of the weapon spirits on this island have been moved over to the first island to make preparations—to halt the advancement of the pale white weapon spirit. The ones that have chosen to remain here are mostly those under the employment of Dainsfield.

"Executioner Yun."

"Hm?"

Lowering the binoculars, Yun You looks to his left, and sees Dan Hong with a grim expression on his face, to which, the former remarks—

"Admiral, if you're asking me to do something about that Sinner, you can forget it. It's way out of my league."

Towards Yun You, Dan Hong shakes his head, and says—

"I'm here to ask that you retrieve the Heaven's Blade's core component. It's a ruby-like gemstone that is inside of its barrel."

"Oh? That's easy enough. But what's in it for me?"

As far as Dan Hong is aware of, Yun You isn't interested in NWDs, instead—

"Any wine you can think of, but limit it to three bottles."

"Coincidentally, I'm in need of something to gift to a relative of mine, so deal."

"..."

Hearing this, Wu Xiao turns to Yun You with an odd expression on her face that is hidden beneath her hood.

.........

"..."

Despite being surrounded on all fronts, Yu Ji remains undeterred, as she catches her breath, and looks in the iron casket's direction.

"..."

Using his Relic as a cane, and pushing himself off the ground, Duanmu Chen orders—

"Kill her!"

Immediately, all the nearby Dainsfield associates charged at Yu Ji.

Following this—

"..."

Time seemingly begins to slow, as Yu Ji—via a bird's eye view, sees the enemies approach her with killing intent.

In that instance—

(...This world is false.)

Yu Ji realizes one of the truths regarding this world.

(I'm... I am a weapon spirit.)

Realizing another truth, Yu Ji glanced at the iron casket, and thought—

(...Well, even if I'm gone, Long-laoban should be able to take care of Li for me.)

Drawing in a deep breath of air, Yu Ji raises the bow in her right hand with the intent to self-destruct it, as she mutters—

"De-"

"Impressive will."

"...!"

Words spoken through a voice changer go off near Yu Ji's ears, and—

"Die."

*...! ...! ...!* following the flash of cold steel, flower petals are blown outwards; and upon these flower petals coming into contact with the enemies—heads fly while blood splatters!

"You...-?"

Facing Duanmu Chen, who has yet to regain his wits, Long Hua takes one step forward, and presses his left hand outwards—throwing out a human-sized handprint.

In the next instance—

*Boom!!!*

"...?!"

Duanmu Chen feels as if he had been smashed by a mountain—as his body flies backwards, and bounces off the surface of the seas more than a dozen times!

Looking at the black-garbed figure, Yu Ji whispers—

"...Long-laoban?"

"Indeed."

"Long-xiong, mind being quicker next time?"

As a voice that isn't hers comes out of her own mouth, Yu Ji blinks her eyes, while Long Hua replies—

"Wen-xiong, I'm a busy person with a life of my own. Besides, better late than never, as they say."

"Excuse me."

"Ah..."

As Tian Cheng picks up Yu Ji like a sack of luggage, she and Long Hua make a rush towards Li's iron casket.

Pressing a hand onto the iron casket, Long Hua mutters—

"Tai Xuan."

Immediately, the iron casket begins to glow, and within the blink of an eye, its transforms into a basketball-sized black cube that has a strap attached to it.

"This is...?"

"Don't ask."

Handing the black cube to Yu Ji, Long Hua turns to Tian Cheng, and says—

"Escort her off this island. You have a makeup kit in your pouch, right?"

"I do."

"Hold off on returning to the first island, instead wait at the second island until the situation clears."

Without waiting for Yu Ji to reply, Tian Cheng carries her off, while Long Hua turns his attention towards the octopus-shaped wreckage that is floating out in the open waters.

"Oh?"

Approaching that wreckage on a lifeboat at this time—is a man dressed in a military uniform with golden hair.

"Some galls they have—aiming for what's mine."

Taking one step forward, Long Hua leaps across the waters to approach the lifeboat.

Off to the side—

"Amusement is here."

Taking out a partially reclined beach chair, Wu Xiao falls onto it.

.........

"Hm?"

Detecting something approaching his direction at high speeds, Yun You turns to look behind him, and sees—

"The hell is that?"

"..."

In the next three steps, Long Hua appears on top of the moving lifeboat, and without any hesitation, he swings Shui Yue at Yun You's neck!