AZI Volume 6 Chapter 11

"You two..."

Arriving with Zhen Rong, Zhen Qing Huai looks between Long Hua and Bai Wen with a difficult expression on her face.

The fact that these two can continue to sit here to eat and drink without a care in the world—

(I guess, this is just a skill of theirs that they've acquired overtime?)

Thinking of this, Zhen Qing Huai shakes her head before resting her elbow onto her wheelchair's armrest.

Prior to the Zhen siblings' arrival, Qing Ming Yang had thoroughly cleaned the area up and left. Having gone through what he just did, he couldn't wait to return to the Ling Yuan family's estate.

"Ai, brother, you know how these two are at this point."

Towards Zhen Rong's remark, Bai Wen asks—

"Xiao Rong, what does that mean?"

"Bai-shao, you enjoy watching people being put into a difficult situation, whereas Long-shao enjoys beating people who look at him wrong. You're both twisted."

Sipping his drink, Long Hua remarks—

"Can't deny that. But at least my methods are demonstrated in broad daylight, unlike some people who enjoys demonstrating theirs in the dark."

"Lao Long, after what you did to that surnamed Xia, can you really say that?"

Snorting coldly at Bai Wen, Long Hua replies—

"I may have set the stage up, but ultimately, it was that surnamed Xia's own fault for losing control, and forgetting about the terms of our contract."

Contemplating for a bit, Zhen Qing Huai remarks—

"Isn't that the same as saying, the heavens were on that little girl's side?"

"Who knows?"

.........

The bathrooms of the condo units are all setup in the same manner—with one present in each of the unit's bedrooms.

The sink is located to the right upon entry, whereas the toilet is situated beside it.

Opposite side of the sink is the large bathtub, which is capable of fitting two people at once.

"..."

Pressing their backs together in the water-filled tub, Nuo'er can easily sense Yao Ying trembling, causing the former to ask—

"Are you going to be able to sleep tonight on your own?"

Towards the question, Yao Ying asks back—

"...Is it true that the people you kill appears in your dreams?"

"Depending on the person, maybe?"

"...Nuo'er, have you-?"

Before Yao Ying can even finish asking, Nuo'er replies—

"I have."

"...Your reason?"

Contemplating for a bit, Nuo'er answers—

"I was angry. That's all there is to it."

"...Your feelings after?"

Despite knowing her questions to be rather rude, Yao Ying finds it difficult to stop herself from asking.

Not minding the matter, Nuo'er answers—

"It felt natural."

"...Uh?"

Scooping up a handful of water, Nuo'er washes her face, and explains—

"My siblings and I, we aren't human. We're all weapons created by the Ling Yuan Ancestor. To us, the act of killing is just a part of our innate nature. Elder sister was the first. My two elder brothers came sometime afterwards, while I was the final weapon to be created. All the weapons created by the Ling Yuan Ancestor are considered to be complete, but I alone am incomplete."

"I... Don't really understand."

Smiling subtly, Nuo'er replies—

"That's fine. I don't really understand my own situation myself. But I'm often told that not understanding oneself is more human-like."

Pausing for a brief instance, Nuo'er thought—

(...I guess it just means that I haven't lost that side of myself despite these changes.)

Dismissing the thought, Nuo'er continues to say—

"...In any case, there's no need to think too deeply about having killed someone—since it happens far too often in the practitioners' circle."

"...Un."

Towards these words, Yao Ying nods absentmindedly, while Nuo'er states—

"However, you should make a decision from here on out."

"...?"

"Killing that woman—means you're prepared to get your hands dirtier, right?"

"..."

Blinking her eyes once, Yao Ying answers—

"...My life back in the Chen Shi family's estate was all a lie. I... May as well have never had a normal life until... Until now? ...Even then, can the life that I'm living in right now, and will be living in—in the future, can any of them be considered a normal life?"

It would be difficult to say if a normal life that is acquired by dirtying one's hands with the blood of others can still be considered a normal life.

However, the definition of what is normal is ever changing; hence, it's impossible to say for certain whether Yao Ying's definition of normal is right or wrong—under the circumstances that surround her.

Raising a subtle sigh, Nuo'er says—

"The life given to us is never whole. Receiving these fragmented pieces, it's up to us to piece a somewhat ideal life together with them. During the process of piecing this life together, we might end up receiving a cut here and there. So... Having some blood in a few spots is perfectly normal... For some, there might be more bloodstains than others."

"..."

Mulling over Nuo'er's words, Yao Ying turns silent, and eventually, she remarks—

"That person... He made me realize that, so long as you have the strength, you can force anyone to kneel and beg beneath you."

"That is an ever-unchanging truth within the practitioners' circle."

"..."

"Back to the first question, are you able to sleep on your own tonight?"

Towards the question, Yao Ying mutters—

"...You mind staying in my room tonight?"

.........

"..."

Getting out of his seat, Long Hua swaps out his current attire for a dress shirt and a pair of trousers, to which, Bai Wen asks—

"Leaving?"

"Yeah."

"..."

Placing her chopsticks down, Zhen Qing Huai turns to Long Hua, and remarks—

"Lao Long, me calling you Lao Long is a show of my sincerity towards you as a true brother. Our relationship as brothers cannot be measured in spirit stones or immortal jades, can it?"

"..."

Hearing the all-too-familiar words, which are ripped right from him, Long Hua turns to Zhen Qing Huai with an odd look on his face.

"Ai..."

Heaving a sigh, Long Hua gestures for Zhen Qing Huai to go on.

"..."

"..."

With a light of amusement in his right eye, Bai Wen silently sips his wine, while Zhen Rong watches from beside him.