AZI Volume 5 Chapter 47

"..."

If the previous island's terrain can be considered odd, then the main island can only be described as—

"What a mess..."

The size of the main island is far greater than the previous island; however, with how devastated the terrain is—in which, there are massive craters and black marks for as far as the eye can see, Ye Chen finds the sight in front of him reminiscent of the frontlines.

In total, there are three mountains on this island, which are arranged in a linear pattern, and all of them—from where the entire group currently is, anyone can tell that their form is off, as if someone had taken a colossal blade, and carved their peaks into its current shape.

"A harsh battle definitely happened here in the past."

Making this remark, Wang Yongning looks off into the distance, and sees a few towering figures moving about.

(A stage three Apotheosized Sinner?)

"Well, we made it here, now what?"

Looking around, Shao Tianming makes a rough headcount.

There's probably less than 200 of them left.

Considering how they started off with over 700 individuals, this situation is far from good.

"..."

Staring out at the seas, Ye Chen frowns, while Yu Ji remarks—

"I don't think Long-laoban will die so easily."

Walking over from the side, Qing Yue also stares out at the seas, while thinking—

(Surnamed Long probably smashed that device... Ai.)

Following Qing Yue's sigh—

"Ai..."

Ye Chen does the same, and says—

"Yeah, that guy won't die so easily. I'm more curious as to why, he felt the need to rush towards that monster."

Towards Ye Chen's remark, Qing Yue blinks her eyes, while the former turns to her, and says—

"Qing Yue, you've been hanging around with the Moon Guards this entire time."

"Ah that's cause I'm a bit curious about them."

Answering as such, Qing Yue on the inside thought—

(...I should probably stay with the members of the office for a while.)

"I see?"

Habitually speaking, Qing Yue feels much more comfortable being near her own kind than with the members of her office.

The reason Nian Tao Tao had sent some Moon Guards into this ruin, it was to have them get accustomed to the varying environments and dangers that are associated with such ventures.

That being said, other than to simply not die, no particular tasks were given to Qing Yue and the Moon Guards, but they are expected to compile a report that will later serve as the foundation of a guidebook to follow when on these ventures.

"..."

Walking over, Li Xue says—

"The hall and the military are trying to decide on what to do next."

"Got it."

.........

"...!"

Snapping his eyes open, Qing Ming Yang gasps for air, and upon sitting up—

"Siii...! Aaaaggghh!"

Pain emanates from his lower body, causing him to gently press his hands to his crotch. The bleeding has stopped, and for the most part, the pain has—

"Aaaaggghhh...!"

Not subsided enough.

Taking out some painkiller pills, Qing Ming Yang swallows them quickly before shoving two healing pills into his mouth as well.

"Kuh...!"

Not daring to stand up in his current state, Qing Ming Yang looks around, and sees—

"...?"

Judging by this individual's attire, which consists of purple robes over a white layer, the former should be Xia Ri'er, but her face—

"..."

Turning to Qing Ming Yang, Xia Ri'er simply stares at him, causing the former to think—

(I can't tell what face she's making, but she seems to be telling me to not say anything... Ai, that bastard managed to turn a prim lady's face into a pig head, this ruthlessness is definitely a rarity... Where's surnamed Lin?)

Searching for Lin Yu Heng, Qing Ming Yang momentarily sucks in a deep breath of air.

The entirety of Lin Yu Heng's bare back is covered in hideous wounds, which look to have been made by numerous needles.

"..."

Opening his eyes, Lin Yu Heng also takes out a healing pill, and swallows it.

Visibly to the eyes, the wounds on Lin Yu Heng's back begin to mend themselves, while emanating with smoke, to which, Qing Ming Yang asks—

"Surnamed Lin, you got anymore of whatever you just ate?"

Getting off the ice and sitting up, Lin Yu Heng turns to Qing Ming Yang, and shakes his head, and says—

"Surnamed Qing, your wound... It's going to require specialized medication."

"...That bas-!"

"That who?"

"Uh...!"

With the lower portion of his helmet split off to the side, Long Hua is puffing on a spirit herb cigar, as he stands behind Qing Ming Yang.

"..."

Sensing the back of his head being glared at, Qing Ming Yang doesn't dare to continue, while Long Hua says—

"Don't just stay quiet. Surnamed Qing, finish what you were saying."

Gritting his teeth, Qing Ming Yang turns around, and continues to say—

"That amazing senior is extremely merciful in having spared our lives."

"Oh?"

Puffing a smoke, Long Hua walks pass Qing Ming Yang with Tian Cheng.

Positioning himself in front of the three, Long Hua takes out an armchair to seat himself with his legs crossed.

"I'll ask you three some questions. Simply answer them honestly, if not... Hmm."

Summoning out the White Serpent King in the form of a colossal sword, Long Hua stabs the oversized weapon down beside him, and asks—

"The thing we call life, it should be valued; don't you think?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

As the three looks to one another before redirecting their focus onto Long Hua and the colossal sword, they can only choose to nod, and accept their fate.