AZI Volume 5 Chapter 52

The interior of the third mountain's chamber is designed a bit differently from the one seen on the first island.

The ceiling of this chamber is decorated with light emitting crystals—making it possible to see everything below clearly.

From base floor to ceiling, the entirety of the chamber measures at a rough height of 80 or so meters.

Jutting outwards from the cave entrance is a stone road, which looms 50 meters above the center of the base floor. From here, one can easily see the weapon spirit that dwells at the bottom.

"Holy, surnamed Long, you actually lived?"

Seeing Long Hua approaching with Yu Ji and Tian Cheng, Shao Tianming widens his eyes.

"..."

Turning around, Ye Chen smiles faintly.

"Me being alive isn't anything to be surprised by."

Saying this, Long Hua walks pass the group with Tian Cheng, and looks downwards.

"..."

Expecting there to be tension real soon, Yu Ji decides to stay back a bit.

(Figured as much, surnamed Long is indeed alive.)

In the same instance, Qing Yue arrives, while thinking of this.

"Hmm."

Taking out a pair of binoculars, Long Hua looks pass the weapon spirit, and sees 22 glazed ceramic bottles displayed on top of a stand.

Surrounding the stand is an energy barrier—a product of the talisman that is pasted onto the stand itself.

Seeing how new the talisman looks, the barrier most definitely possesses a state-preservation effect—demonstrating how much value the ancients had placed on the Spirit Extracts.

"So, those are the Spirit Extracts?"

"Those are typically the bottles they come in."

Answering Long Hua's question is Wang Yongning.

"What's that behind the stand?"

A door of some kind is present right behind the stand, and towards Long Hua's question, not a single person had an answer.

Eventually, Shao Tianming replies—

"Maybe it will lead into another treasure room? One with more valuables than... Even the Spirit Extracts?"

Despite using his divine senses, Long Hua isn't able to peer pass the door.

"So no one knows, got it."

As soon as Long Hua says this, the Tai Xuan Emperor remarks—

(Must be the door that is reserved exclusively for the Chosen Child of the Heaven. There's bound to be great treasures behind it, *-laoban.)

"..."

Recalling his experience with Wang Bei Mu, Long Hua is somewhat inclined to both agree and disagree with the Tai Xuan Emperor.

"Hmm..."

Moving onto the weapon spirit, which serves as the Spirit Extracts' guardian, Long Hua sees it surrounded by puddles of blood.

The corpses that should have been in these puddles have most likely been eaten—since there is a blood trail that connects back to the weapon spirit to suggest this.

At this time, the weapon spirit has coiled itself up like a slumbering beast.

Its appearance can only be described as skeleton-like—due to the ribcage-like structure that makes up its upper body.