AZI Volume 6 Chapter 1

"What, you quitting the fight?"

Swapping out of his current attire for a black dress shirt and a pair of dark trousers, Long Hua approaches Yun You, and places a hand to his shoulder, while saying—

"Consider that half of the ruby a meeting gift. I'll be expecting you to return it in some other form later."

"Uh?"

Having said that, Long Hua walks right pass Yun You—much to the latter's confusion.

Approaching Wu Xiao, Long Hua asks—

"Surnamed Mo, the hell you are doing here?"

"To spectate?"

"...? ...Ah."

Turning around and watching the two's interaction, Yun You's confusion only increases, but momentarily, he widens his eyes at the realization of something.

Lifting her hood backwards, Wu Xiao asks—

"So? Any noteworthy loot?"

"22 bottles of Spirit Extracts."

"Ah... Those things. Un, not interested."

"What exactly are they?"

Sipping her drink, Wu Xiao answers—

"Highly concentrated spirit Qi mixed with tribulation lightning energy—that is purified by the golden flames."

"Golden flames?"

Towards Long Hua's show of confusion, Wu Xiao shrugs her shoulders before raising her right hand towards him, causing the former to ask—

"What?"

"Shouldn't you be helping your dear wife up?"

With his guess confirmed, Yun You drops his tension-filled shoulders, and mutters—

"Ai... No wonder he expects that ruby back."

Tossing his shredded upper body wears aside, Yun You takes out a set of the same clothes, and swaps them on.

Towards Wu Xiao's question, Long Hua replies—

"You got legs, do it yourself."

"How unfun."

Getting off the beach chair, and storing it away, Wu Xiao turns in the direction of the second mountain, and remarks—

"I heard everything is kept in that mountain?"

"You really think they would have left anything?"

"Worth a try, isn't it?"

Moving as a group, the three walk over to the cave that is to the side of the second mountain.

.........

Entering the second mountain's chamber—

"..."

Wu Xiao slumps her shoulders with disappointment.

For the most part, everything has been picked clean. As for the items that were still present, none of them had much value.

Turning to Long Hua with a frown, Wu Xiao says—

"As proprietor of the restaurant, shouldn't you have done your best to plunder this place?"

"Too busy dealing with other stuff. ...Hey, what would happen if I drank an extract?"

"They're not concocted with practitioners in mind. I doubt they'll do anything for you. Plus, the golden flames that purified them... Hmm, if you're not afraid of being reduced to ashes, feel free to take a sip."

Hearing this, Long Hua frowns, while thinking—

(Well, spirit Qi right now isn't of much use to me, since without the power of the five elements, I can't make a breakthrough anyways.)

Recalling this issue, Long Hua's frown deepens, as he asks—

"Help me sell them off later then?"

"I want a cut."

"Fine."

"..."

Seeing the business-like interaction between the two, Yun You can't help but tilt his head with a frown, while thinking—

(I guess elder sister's marriage really was just a way to keep an eye on him?)

"So? What exactly is your little brother doing here?"

As Long Hua turns the conversation's topic towards him, Yun You raises his head, and answers—

"That 500,000-year-old weapon spirit."

"Ah, that thing. Well, I didn't exactly see you do anything about it."

"..."

Clenching his fists, Yun You felt the urge to continue their unfinished fight. However, he cannot deny that he was completely useless against that weapon spirit.

(Ai, the fragility of this world makes it impossible for us to use our full strength—not to mention how our current selves are only clones of our originals.)

Thinking of this, while recalling something, Yun You asks—

"There were three Ling Yuan family practitioners here before, were you the one who beat them up?"

"What about it?"

"From what I've heard of you, I figured that you would have killed them instead."

Towards Yun You's remark, Long Hua replies—

"You know the saying that a sheep's fur must be sheared a bit at a time? Letting them live, while inflicting them with a curse, which prevents them from talking about me, and having them report the abnormalities of this world back to their elders—in time, they'll send in more practitioners to investigate. And once they do, I can pick them off one at a time, and plunder their filled pouches."

Smiling in a venomous manner that is akin to a poisonous snake, Long Hua goes on to ask—

"Why temporarily settle for only three, when I can eventually settle for much more?"

"..."

Hearing this, Yun You twitches an eye.

(This bastard is definitely the vicious sort.)

Thinking of this, Yun You asks—

"Aren't you afraid of me reporting about you then?"

"..."

Immediately, tension fills the air, as Long Hua and Yun You glare at each other.

Widening his venomous smile, Long Hua remarks—

"If you really dare to do so, I don't mind letting you experience what it's like to fight me at my full strength."

As much as Long Hua hates to rely on that unpleasant individual's blessed strength, he will use it if the situation calls for it.

(If I lose myself, and turn into a monster, I should be able to easily rip this world apart.)

"..."

Seeing the unsettling smile and gleam that is emanating from Long Hua's eyes, Yun You feels a bit disturbed.

This smile is reminiscent of Bai Wen—the smile of someone who doesn't care about the world around them; and would happily drag the entirety of the world down to hell with them during death.