AZI Volume 5 Chapter 31

Slashing with Shui Yue, Long Hua throws the sword Qi flowers outwards, and just as they are an inch away from making contact, these flowers bloom—scattering their petals, to cut up everything they come across!

Waving his left hand, Long Hua calls forth an Immortal Suppression Palm, and maintaining its form—

*Boom!!! Boom!!! Boom!!!* he uses it to slap a group of enemies to the side—clearing out the area in front of him!

*Grrrooo!!!* off to the side, the White Serpent King slashes and lunges its four scythe-like limbs outwards in a frenzy.

And upon seeing a group of enemies lined up together, the White Serpent King raises its limbs upwards prior to rotating its body.

Turning itself into a drill, the White Serpent King skewers through the enemies, causing blood and gore to scatter!

Thoroughly basking themselves in the act of killing, the two stain the grounds of this island crimson as heads, limbs, and damaged bodies fly!

*Boom!!! Boom!!! Boom!!!* having not been able to use his cultivation base openly in the city, and was suppressed by the Immortal Sealing Chain inside of the ruins, Long Hua allows himself to go on a rampage in this open environment, as he unleashes a series of Immortal Suppression Palms!

"Bloom."

Surrounded by flowers that are being made to bloom at his command, Long Hua manipulates the sword Qi petals to form the body of a serpent.

Controlling this mass of sword Qi, Long Hua swings Shui Yue, and following the movements of his blade, the serpent moves forth to swallow everything within its maw!

"..."

Glancing at the evolution interface, Long Hua sees the EXP bar being filled up at an astonishing rate. Already, he has five mutation points to spend.

"Hm?"

*Boom!!! Siiiiii!!!* returning his attention to the battlefield, Long Hua sees the serpent of sword Qi being forcefully ripped apart from its maw.

"..."

Stepping forward is a humanoid that is much more humanlike in appearance compared to the first one.

This individual—who only has a piece of cloth covering their lower body, possesses deep blue hair with white scales present throughout their limbs and upper body.

(Past experimental subjects, my predecessors, are they?)

Seeing the lack of light present in this chiseled figure's eyes, Long Hua knows that it is only a hollow replica of what it was originally based off of.

"..."

A subtle hint of sorrow manifests in Long Hua's heart; for if he fails to devour his curse, then he would become a part of this collection of failed subjects.

Heaving a sigh, Long Hua dismisses the thought, and approaches the humanoid, and—

*Klang!* meeting Long Hua's blade is the humanoid's fist that is covered in white scales.

Rather quickly, these scales spread to cover the entirety of the humanoid's body—dressing them in a full-bodied suit of white scale armor.

"..."

Constricting his eyes, Long Hua shifts to the side, while performing a Martial Emperor's Step.

Reinforced by a single step, he swings Shui Yue; however—

*Chiiiii!!!* a sound that is unpleasant to the ears goes off, as Shui Yue's blade that is shrouded in sword Qi only manages to leave a minor graze behind on the armored figure.

"..."

"...!"

As the armored figure turns to Long Hua, and throws out a punch, the latter receives it with Shui Yue's blade, and—

*Boom!!!*

"Uh!"

The weight behind the armored figure's strike throws Long Hua backwards, and similarly to a bowling ball, his body collides with the enemies behind him—knocking several of them into the air!

"Tch!"

Coming to a stop, Long Hua turns to his rear, and severs the heads of three approaching enemies.

*Grrrooo!!!* in the same instance, the White Serpent King approaches the armored figure with its four limbs lunged outwards!

"..."

Turning around to face the White Serpent King, the armored figure mercilessly punches through the former's upper body; however—

*Klang! Klang! Klang! Klang!* feeling no sense of pain, the White Serpent King continues to attack with its four limbs, and stabs away at the armored figure's upper body!

Observing this situation, Long Hua remarks—

"...Quite a durable body. Is this guy the "boss" of this zone?"

Not even the White Serpent King's scythes are able to puncture through the enemy's scale armor, as they only managed to leave a minor dent behind.

(The enemies here might as well be endless. Did that unpleasant bastard take the combat bodies into account when he made his modifications?)

Thinking of this, Long Hua raises a sigh, as he takes one step forward, and approaches the armored figure from behind.

Without taking the White Serpent King into consideration, Long Hua rapidly performs five Martial Emperor's Steps—prior to throwing an Immortal Suppression Palm forward, to land a clean hit in on the armored figure's back!

*Boom!!! Kakaka!!!* crushed between two enemies, the armored figure finds it impossible to move, as cracks begin to form on its armor.

"..."

Spinning Shui Yue in his right hand, and concentrating his sword Qi at its tip, Long Hua pierces through the Immortal Suppression Palm, and lands a hit in on the armored figure's spine!

"Hmph...!"

*Kakakaka!!!* being chipped away at from both sides, the armored figure raises a low grunt before stomping the ground—creating a shockwave that throws Long Hua, and the collapsing White Serpent King backwards!

Even before the dust clouds can settle—

"...Moons Dwelling within the Lake."

Long Hua performs his second sword art, causing a blood-colored crescent moon to manifest behind the armored figure's back.

*Grrrooooo!!!* reforming its mercurous body quickly, the White Serpent King charges into the dust clouds, and drills itself onto the armored figure's chest!

In the same instance, Long Hua slashes with Shui Yue—detonating the crescent moon, causing black and white threads of sword Qi to pour forth, and pierce through the tiny gaps in the enemy's scale armor!

"Uh...!!!"

As violent threads of sword Qi rampage through its body, while the White Serpent King attempts to drill through its chest, the armored figure raises a cry of immense pain, as blood spews from the widening cracks in its armor!

Eventually—

*Boom!!!!!* unable to bear the damages, the armored figure explodes into a haze of blood!