AZI Volume 5 Chapter 22

Standing at the starboard bow of the ship, Long Hua leans his back against the guard rail.

The scent of the air is rather salty, which is to be expected since they are out at sea.

(Hmm. Lao Bai said, that these ruins were the sites of the previous world—prior to the reset. Seems like this area was the sort to have managed to get a part of itself wiped away. In that case, what happens when we get to the edge of this world?)

As Long Hua is thinking of this, the horn of the ship goes off—signaling the excavation's beginning, as the warship begins to move.

"..."

On the opposite end of where he is, Long Hua sees Hui'er and Zhang Yong, along with other members of the hall crowded together.

"...!"

Almost as soon as Zhang Yong had turned towards his direction, Long Hua would put his hands together to crack his knuckles, causing the former to avert their gaze immediately.

"..."

Turning around, Long Hua takes out a beach chair to rest on, and stares out at the gloomy seas.

Similarly, the Tai Xuan Emperor has her vessel do the same, while asking—

(*-laoban, why so melancholic?)

Towards the Tai Xuan Emperor's question, Long Hua replies—

"I want out of this world as soon as possible."

Heaving a sigh, Long Hua continues to say—

"Talk about your past, Tai Xuan Emperor."

(...What are you talking about?)

"Earthborn Elementals' Realm, that's where you came from, right?"

(...)

As the Tai Xuan Emperor remains silent, Long Hua remarks—

"You walked through an entire lifetime with me. In my previous life, I never tried to understand you as a person."

(...Isn't trying to understand me a bit too late at this point?)

Smiling with amusement, Long Hua replies—

"Who knows? I just know that you and I are both travelers. Neither of us are a native of this world, or the Everlasting Spirit Realm for that matter. This isn't the place we belong. We... Come from places very far from here, places with vastly different cultures. Ai, let's just say that I'm bored, and am in the mood to listen to a boring story."

(Rather rude, don't you think?)

"It's probably something stupid, isn't it? You got betrayed by someone close to you? Maybe a disciple? Or a family member? Or maybe by your own people, who were fed up with your attitude?"

Clicking her tongue, the Tai Xuan Emperor replies—

(You really are rude, *-laoban. Contrary to your belief, I was quite popular with my subjects. If I were a gacha game character, my rarity would be SS- No, UR, with a power level that would keep me as a tier zero unit from the game's release until its end of service.)

"..."

.........

Inside the dreamscape, the Tai Xuan Emperor can't help but frown under these circumstances, as she mutters—

"Has he realized that the doll is my vessel?"

As much as the Tai Xuan Emperor wishes to ask Long Hua about this directly, she cannot afford to risk it, hence—