AZI Volume 6 Chapter 27.5 Intermission - I Want You To Die!

It didn't take very long for the death of General Li's son to spread.

And a single day later, wanted posters with Cuo Qing Yi's name, description, and portrait were pasted throughout the walls and news boards of the capital.

"..."

Walking down the streets, Cuo Qing Yi—dressed in torn robes with a bamboo hat over his head, heads for the capital's southern gates.

The injuries received from the white-robed young man—who was a disciple of the Radiant Sword Sect, have been healed after consuming a pill that was stored inside of the former's storage pouch.

"..."

With the southern gates in sight, Cuo Qing Yi frowns.

Due to how recent surnamed Li's death had been, security throughout the four gates of the capital were rather tight.

That being said, anyone who wished to head outside had to have their faces examined in detail by the sentries.

"Next!"

"..."

Knowing that he would be forced to have his face examined, Cuo Qing Yi had covered his face in a thin layer of dirt ahead of time, while the robes that he is currently wearing were obtained from a random beggar.

"Next!"

Upon the arrival of his turn, Cuo Qing Yi walks in front of the sentry, and raises his dirt-covered face.

"Hmm."

Seeing the beggar's rags that Cuo Qing Yi is wearing, the sentry didn't raise an eye at the former's dirt-covered face, but instead chose to stare at the former for a greater duration.

"..."

Maintaining a calm expression on the outside, Cuo Qing Yi swallows his spit subtly, while a few beads of sweat form over his forehead.

Eventually—

"Next!"

Following the sentry's shout, Cuo Qing Yi exhales subtly, and continues to move along.

And upon taking five steps—

*...!!!* a heavy gale of wind howls, and all eyes turn towards an elderly figure—who is dressed in white robes, and is currently resting his feet on a sword.

"I-Immortal...!"

Realizing the elderly figure to be a practitioner, several mortals dropped onto their knees.

"..."

Ignoring the mortals' reactions, the elderly figure narrows his eyes at Cuo Qing Yi, and remarks—

"I sense traces of my disciple's blood on you."

"..."

Taking one step back, Cuo Qing Yi grinds his teeth together.

"..."

Just as the white-robed elder raises his right hand, Cuo Qing Yi makes preparations to leap back, and in the next instance—

*Boom!* barely dodging the spirit Qi handprint, Cuo Qing Yi uses the dust clouds to his advantage, as he dashes pass the sentries!

"Hmph!"

Raising a cold snort, the white-robed elder waves his hand—ripping the dust clouds apart, and proceeds to throw out another spirit Qi handprint!

"...!"

Pulling the white flute out of his clothes, Cuo Qing Yi directs it at the incoming handprint, and—

*Boom!!!*