Chapter 9

A little bit later Jesse comes up to my room. I managed that I'm alone tonight, so it's only me and him. He enters with his bright smile, that never leaves his face. Maybe it does, but not when he's with me.

"Be-caw"

he says. This little weirdo.

"Jesse you're crazy"

"I know, but that's the reason that you like me"

"I don't think so"

"You totally do!"

"No."

He nodes

"Sure you don't. Let's start with the movie. So, I brought this over because I wanna watch you watch the end of this movie. And then I can die a hero. Wait, actually..."

He lays down on the couch, waiting for me.

"You have a habit of making yourself at home, did you know that?"

"Yeah. Okay. The Breakfast Club. 1985. Greatest ending to any movie ever. This song launched Simple Minds in the US. Could have been a Billy Idol song, but he turned it down. Idiot. Perfectly sums up the movie. It's equally beautiful and sad."

He turns on the movie. I'm not really watching it. I still don't like movies and I don't know why he thinks he could change this. Every time I look over to him he smiles. He really enjoys it. It's his thing. Movies. They're totally his thing. I get a little closer to him and lay my head down on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me. This is strange and it don't feels right, but I stay like this. At the end of the movie I look at him again. I'm looking really long at him. As he also looks at me we're coming closer and closer.

"That is fascinating."

"Right."

"Tell me. What does Judd Nelson eat for breakfast?"

"Well, like all misunderstood rebels, he feeds on hypocrisy."

"Sure."

"And black coffee to help him with his morning dumps."

"You're an idiot."

"It's true. I'm full of fun facts."

"You should let other people tell you they're fun."

In the background I can hear the end of The Breakfast Club.

"You're missing the ending."

"Sorry."

We're still as close to each other. Slowly he kisses me and I also kiss him. I'm not surprised. Sudenly the door opens and Kimmy Jin is back.
Jesse stands up and goes

"And I'm out. Always a pleasure, Kimmy Jin. Bye Becca"

Should I follow him? Should we spent the night together? No. Probably not. I should wait and let us time. This kiss was so much. I smelled his parfum and I really love it. I hope he's using it everyday. And he was so careful. He made the first step, but he didn't want it to be too fast. Then Kimmy Jin pulls me out of my thoughts by turning the lights off. I decide not to do anything and just fall asleep.