Chapter 19

The next day I wake up by hearing a car outside. Chloe is sleeping in my arms. I careful wake her up.

"Oh that's no problem. Sometimes people drive here. They're not allowed to, but I don't think it's a big deal."

But as she hears someone enter the house she loses control.

"Shit. I forgot it!"

"What's up honey?"

"My parents. I forgot to tell them! Becca you have to dress up! "

It was already too late. Her mother was standing in the bedroom looking shocked and confused. Chloe and I just hiding under the blanket. Her mother opens her mouth to say something, but nothing is coming out.

"Hey Mom!"

Chloe says trying to sound happy. I've never heard her talking about her parents. I just know that they own the lake and the house. Her mother has short brown hair. She's wearing a white blouse with an blaser over it. She's looking strict and I'm too insecure and shocked to say anything. Then after minutes of silence her mother starts talking.
"This is not Jake."

Does Chloe didn't tell her parents that she and Jake broke up? Oh god that is so embarrassing. The first time I meet her parents amd I lay naked with their daughter in their bed. Wow. That's a good start.

"Well mommy, it's not. It's Becca"

"It's a girl."

She stutters.

"Yes."

"Chloe, honey what's happening here?"

In this moment Chloe's dad comes in. He is tall with red hair like Chloe. As he sees that we're nude he turns around and leaves.

"Hey dad!"

Chloe yells, but he doesn't reply.

"What is happening here? "

Her mother repeats.

"You said I could go here and bring someone. Well, here we are. I'm sorry that I forgotten to tell you."

Her mother doesn't answer.

"Mom, what's up?"

"Nothing honey, everything is fine."

She snaps and leaves the room. Chloe quick puts on her sweater and her sweatpants and runs after her mother. I don't know what I should do. I think it would be the best to get dressed. So I stand up and put on my sweatpants and one of Chloe's sweaters. It's too big, but I don't care. Then I careful look through the door. I can see Chloe standing outside fighting with her parents. I can't hear anything, but after a while she seems to calm down. As I see her coming in I quick sit down on the bed.

"Is everything okay honey?"

"Yes, everything is fine."

I grab her hands and look into her eyes.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Everything is fine. I just forgotten to tell my parents that we're here. And well, also that Jack and I broke up. Now it's fine. You gonna meet them."

"Well, I already did."

"But now with clothes. You'll just start again. Come with me."

I follow Chloe in the living room where her parents sit on the couch.
"Mom, dad, this is Becca."

"Hey."

I say with a shy smile.

"Hello Becca."