•Chapter 20•

Quinn

"The doctor will be very pleased to hear that you had found her." I glanced at Atlas. Was I too stupid to realize I was being betrayed this entire time? "Who are you?" I asked the woman before us, she slowly descended down the steps. "Doctor Evangelina Westmire, at your service." Shaun's arm bumped mine as he brushed past me to get closer to the woman, he thought he knew. "You....you work at a pizza joint...you told me your name was Penelope." She rolled her eyes and snickered, "And you were a dumbass to believe every word that left this pretty mouth of mine."

Her eyes scanned me from top to bottom. She did the same to Atlas. " I must say you could have been a fantastic doctor, Ms. Brent. These two are indeed quite remarkable subjects." How could this woman stand so close to us and not be scared? "What is it that you want?" Talia spat out. Evangelina's eyes narrowed into thin slits and the corner of her dark red colored lips curved upward. "These two, of course. I don't know why he entrusted those jar heads with the recovery of such precious cargo. Those pea brains can't ever do their jobs right." She clicked her tongue and licked her lips. "Now, you would make a great breeder, of course we'd have to change you a bit first." Her eyes scanned over Celly, she bit her bottom lip and giggled softly.

"You won't be touching a hair on my nephew's head, you disgusting tramp," Talia swore. Evangelina's smile dropped, she gritted her teeth and stared at Talia with hatred in those hazel eyes of hers. "Did you ever really care about me?" Shaun asked. His eyes held sadness as he looked upon the woman he had cherished. She stopped two steps up from where he stood at the bottom, leaning her face down just enough to look him directly in the eyes. "You poor little man, did you really think I'd be interested in some pathetic pizza delivery boy?" she mocked in a condescending tone.

Flipping loose strands over her shoulder she straightened herself to her full height and grinned down at him, "He was so fascinated with her, not one time would he not mention her name even when he was with me. I just wanted to get close to those who knew her, learn more about this raven-haired beauty that he was obsessed with. You just happened to be the lucky idiot that I randomly selected on a whim." Celly gritted his teeth, "How the hell did you find us?" She pulled a rose-pink iPhone from her pocket that had twilight character stickers on the back, "That little brat's phone led me here. It's sweet that they share locations, such caring siblings."

I pulled Shaun backwards, trying my best not to rip his arm off in the process. I pressed his chest and pushed him towards Celly. Turning to face Atlas, I snarled, "You fucking traitor." He looked at me with a confused look on his face. "I never —" "Now, now. It's not nice to curse at your future husband," the wacko lady said. "What hell you mean, future husband ?!" it was Celly's turn to speak. He was angry. He held onto Shaun's shoulder as the poor man slouched in sadness. His eyes were drooped and a frown was deeply sketched into his face. Evangelina clapped her hands together and grinned widely. She took a few more steps still she was inches from Atlas and I. She was a bit shorter than me; she gave me a very wide cheerful smile. " Federico has such wonderful plans for you and your future offspring." I'm sorry, offspring?

"You want Atlas and Quinn to have children?" Talia choked out. "Have you lost your mind? They aren't animals that you can toss in a cage to be forced to reproduce," she shrieked loudly. Evangelina just shrugged, " Why continue to experiment on worthless people to grow the population of the wonderful new generation, when we can just breed the subjects, we already have." Talia shook her head. Celly looked disgusted. She reached out and grabbed my hand in hers. She examined my sharp nails. I yanked my hand back, my lips curled up into a snarl showing off the few sharp teeth I had. "Very intriguing," she said cheerfully. Deranged woman.