Chapter 1

It was cold in North Carolina, but maybe the warmth of LA had just made her forget what her home town was like.
Y/N had left North Carolina a few years back to look for work across the country. As it turned out, most of the famous people in Los Angeles already had personal assistants.
Y/N quickly discovered that the only PA jobs she could get were for nepo babies younger than her, fueled on narcissism and daddy's money. Still she stayed, mainly because she'd met someone.

Y/N and Ben had met at an influencer party, he was a cameraman for some tiktok star or something.
Y/N always found it embarrassing to admit that although she had been a personal assistant to a lot of different youtubers and tiktokers, she barely knew anything about the social landscape. She was too busy these days running after whichever egotistical brat she'd been hired to look after. She preferred reading books anyway.

Y/N and Ben had spoken for hours that night about anything and everything. Their 8 month relationship was basically just her trying to recreate the feelings of that night as Ben gradually became more and more distant.
She wasn't surprised when she saw him for the first time in two weeks at a party after he had been ignoring her calls, making out with some brunette with too much lip filler.

It was after that she decided to leave without a word to anyone. Leaving behind her life in LA was a lot easier than she thought it would be; her 'client' found another PA the next day and Ben, unsurprisingly, made little effort to reach out. It turned out that those last 4 years of her life had amounted to nothing.
Which is why she found herself right back where she started in North Carolina airport. This time, going through the arrivals gate instead of departures.