Chapter 3

It was about 10AM when Y/N arrived at the address Kris had sent her.
As she had driven through Greenville, the morning sun filtering through the trees, she saw her old school, the park she used to walk the family dog in, the restaurant she had her 18th birthday party, she wondered why she ever really left. The drive had cemented in her mind that leaving LA was the best decision she had made in years.
She got out of her car looked up at the large, warehouse-like office building Kris had led her to.
"Great, I'm gonna be held hostage and chopped into pieces," she muttered under her breath as she squinted at the daunting building through the bright sun. Nevertheless, she pressed forward.

The inside of the office was nothing like the exterior. Green and purple walls framed the entrance of the building, inviting sofas and chairs surrounding tables were populated by people on laptops and cell phones, talking and laughing with each other.
Further on there was a breakfast bar, the long marble counter had bowls of fruit and platters of fresh pastries that Y/N could smell from the doorway.
On the left wall of the room there was a long leather booth with tables. People were having calls and meetings, sipping coffee, and eating breakfast.
The atmosphere was welcoming, and Y/N could feel the buzz of creativity in the air. The thing that drew her eye the most was a large blue decal painted on the back wall above a hallway. It was of a big cat, a jaguar? or panther? with a large red lightning bolt behind the eye.
Kris came from the hallway underneath the logo. She waved excitedly to Y/N as they met in the centre of the room.
"Wow," Y/N began, "this is..."
"Cool?" Kris suggested "I know! I helped design it. come on!"
Kris took Y/N by the hand and led her through the office and into the hallway. Y/N tried to take in as much of the layout as she could, so as not to get lost when Kris wasn't with her.
the hallway branched off into various offices and meeting rooms with dark blue walls and expensive looking TVs.
Kris led Y/N all the way to the end of the hallway, looking back every now and then to savour the look of wonder on Y/N's face.
They finally stopped outside the door of the very last room. Inside was a high ceiling and four comfortable looking sofas to the right of the room placed around a big circular table. On the left side of the room were two long desks pushed up against the navy-blue front and back walls. Each desk was lined with Mac desktops and had big cameras littered around them.
As Y/N and Kris entered, 3 heads turned to look at them.