Chapter 6

Jimmy hadn't been lying when he said he had time. Y/N had glanced at the time only to see that their 'quick chat' had lasted until 11pm.
He learnt about her time in LA and her experiences working with some of the people that he was acquainted with. Y/N also learnt a lot about him; it turned out they'd grown up close by to each other although he went to a private high school when Y/N and Kris went to the local public school. She learnt that his parents served in the military and that he started his YouTube channel in 2012.

Jimmy had been impressed with just how little Y/N knew about him. He hated saying things like that that made him sound so arrogant, but seriously, it was uncommon that people didn't know who he was. It was refreshing. If he was honest, Jimmy found her very endearing. He wasn't going to let her see that though, if he wanted her as his assistant, he knew that feeding into the stupid crush he was developing was unprofessional.

"Crap it's pretty late, I'm gonna get going" Jimmy said glancing at his watch, "So, are you sure that you want the job? It's a lot of work."
"I'm sure. it's nothing I haven't handled before," Y/N responded. Jimmy could see the glimmer of determination in her eyes.
"Alright then, you start tomorrow." he said, putting his number into her phone.
"How will I know where to go?" Y/N called after him as he started down the hallway.
"Don't worry, you'll know," he told her with a coy smile, "Good night, Y/N."

After Jimmy had left Y/N took a quick shower, admiring her handiwork on the sparklingly clean tiles. She was relieved that her informal job interview had gone so well. Jimmy had warned her about the group's tight schedules and that she would have to struggle with crowds and fan interactions. She was prepared though; she'd worked for famous people before but nobody quite as famous as 'Mr. Beast'.
Y/N's jaw nearly hit the floor when she typed his channel into google to find that he had over 211 million subscribers. Her last client had 15 thousand TikTok followers and acted as if he was the next Brad Pitt. Not Jimmy though, he was humble. Y/N could tell he was just a 25-year-old doing what he loved. She went to bed that night excited, she thought he'd be a pretty good boss and she would quickly make friends with the rest of the group.

She was woken up the next morning by a loud, abrupt knock at the door. She opened it to find a small parade of delivery men. Y/N thought she was being robbed when two of them burst into her apartment and went straight to lifting her sofa. efore she could find the right words to voice a complaint, the rest of the men hauled in a huge, soft luxurious looking couch.
"Wait a second," Y/N finally spoke up recovering from the shock of her apartment being invaded while she was still in her pyjamas, "I can't afford this!"
"Already been paid for ma'am." one of the delivery men turned to her after the new couch had been positioned in place of the old one. He handed her a white card with a message written on the front.

CLT AIRPORT - 1 PM TODAY.
ENJOY THE COUCH :) -J