Chapter 9

Jimmy turned around to see Y/N stumbling towards him and the rest of the crew. He released the breath he had been holding since she had started to leave his texts and calls unanswered around 20 minutes ago.
His relief was quickly overcome with concern as he noticed limp and the way she pressed her hand against her side.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Jimmy asked as he rushed to meet her. Y/N felt as her legs began to give way beneath her, she had to grasp Jimmy's forearms to stay balanced.
Y/N had dealt with anxiety attacks for her whole life but she'd never felt anything quite this bad. As she attempted grounding exercises she tried to focus on 4 things she could feel;
1. The soft fleece fabric of Jimmy's forest green coloured sweater.
2. The toned shape of Jimmy's tensed forearms.
3. The touch of Jimmy's cool palms on her cheeks.

Y/N could feel her heart rate slow as she held onto Jimmy. For the first time she noticed how tall he was as she stared up into his concerned blue eyes.
"What happened?" he asked softly, ducking his head to her height
"There were two guys.." Y/N tried to explain through sobs, "..They grabbed me- they took your camera." she told him as her eyes swam with tears. "I'm so sorry." she finished with a hiccup.

Jimmy's POV:
I pulled her into a hug as she fell back into her shaky sobs.
"Hey, it's okay," I tried to comfort her while hiding the rising anger I felt toward the men who'd robbed her, "It's just a camera, we can get another one. Did they hurt you?"
I broke away from the embrace as I began questioning Y/N. I could feel the absence of warmth where her head had been on my chest.

I tried asking her a few more questions; did she see their faces? Which direction had they run? but she was still too shaken up to think clearly. All Y/N kept doing was apologising for losing the camera.
No matter how many times I reassured her that the footage she had taken was uploaded to the Cloud automatically, or that the camera was a piece of shit anyway, I could tell she was wracked with guilt about it.
I guided Y/N over to Kris who was waiting close by to usher her back to our nearby hotel. I've never been too good at comforting people and in that moment I was too furious with the crooks that had scared Y/N and given her the bruises and sprained ankle she'd returned with.
Stupid. Why did I let her go off alone? I should've gone with her or told her to stay close to the tower.
Who did those guys think they were? If I ever found the people who attacked my Y/N- my assistant Y/N, I mean...

I made some phone calls in the short walk back to the fancy hotel we were staying at and, by the next morning, I had a shiny new camera waiting for me outside of my room.
When Y/N came to my door a little while later she seemed a lot better than she had the last time I had seen her.
The makeup that had smudged beneath her crying eyes the night before had been washed away and I now looked into a pair of deep eyes that were no longer as bloodshot as they had been. Her ankle seemed to have healed itself as well as she handed me my usual order of coffee with a smile and strode into my room.

"I told you last night that you could take today off," I told her, unsure of how much she actually remembered of the previous evening.
"Yeah I know," she smiled at me, "I owe you this at least as an apology for losin-"
"Don't." I interrupted her raising my hand, "You don't have to apologise, Y/N. I've got a replacement camera already, see?"
She frowned with a puzzled look as I could see her trying to figure out how I'd sourced a new camera so quickly.
She decided not to ask questions and instead began to look for something as I set up to work.