Chapter 2

Y/N's parents weren't too happy to see her back in North Carolina, especially after she promised that LA would be where she made it big. Fortunately, she had enough money saved to rent a small apartment near the center of Greenville.

It was a couple of days after she'd finished unpacking that she found herself in the line at Starbucks, hoping that coffee would help her fight the jetlag she was still feeling.

"Y/N?" a voice came from behind her.
She turned around to see a familiar face, Kris.
Y/N and Kris had gone to school together, it took Y/N a moment to recognise her. Kris was trans, she used to go by Chris in high school but in the years since they'd been apart she'd been able to transition.
Y/N wrapped her in a tight hug, it was good to see a familiar face. They got their coffees and sat down to catch up. As it turned out, Kris had been able to fulfill one of her childhood dreams and become a youtuber.

When YN told her that she was looking for work she said,
"Jimmy needs an assistant."
"Who?"
"Oh, my friend-slash-boss I guess, Jimmy. His channel is called Mr Beast?"
Y/N shook her head and shrugged. She honestly didn't know who he was, she thought the name maybe rang a bell but she couldn't be sure.

"SERIOUSLY?" Kris shouted, making some of the other customers turn to look and Y/N quickly shushed her in embarrassment
"Okay, just meet me tomorrow morning, I'll text you an address. Be there!"
Y/N was a little nervous about showing up to some random guy's address but she trusted Kris, plus she needed work and this Mr Beast guy needed an assistant.