Chapter 5

Later that day, Y/N had left the office to run errands, there was still a lot of stuff in her apartment that needed fixing, cleaning, and rearranging before she would be happy with it. Kris, Chandler, Nolan, Karl, and Jimmy were in the office eating McDonald's for dinner.

It was about 7pm, most of the staff that worked for the channel left at around 3-4 so the group was alone discussing ideas and potential challenges to do in their next video.

"So. Y/N," Chandler began with a sly look on his face causing Kris, Nolan, and Karl to giggle. The group had known Jimmy for long enough to tell that Y/N had made him nervous. Kris and Chandler were both married, and Karl and Nolan had partners. still, they could all admit that Jimmy and Y/N would make a good couple.
"I think she'll make a great assistant, Jimmy." Kris said trying to help her friend whose cheeks looked a shade pinker than they did a few seconds ago.
"Yeah... I think she might," Jimmy said thoughtfully.
Since Y/N had left, Kris had been filling the boys in about her friend. Jimmy had learnt she was 22, she had been a personal assistant to over 15 people in Los Angeles and she had a background in media and film production.
"I think I'll go round to hers... give her a chance to make her case."

Y/N's POV
I'd been cleaning for what felt like years. When I looked at the clock on the oven's display, the faded light told me it had been around 5 hours. I had managed to clean worst bits of the cramped old apartment, most of which were in the kitchen. The only furniture I had was a mattress, a dining table with two wooden chairs and a small couch. Still, it's less things to clean, I guess.
I was on my hands and knees in the bathroom, sweating like crazy as I was scraping the shower tile clean of the black substance that looked suspiciously like mold. That's when I heard the soft knock on the door.

"Coming!" I yelled as I stood up slowly, wincing at how stiff my legs were as I stretched. The last person to knock on my door was my landlord who had come to tell me that the A/C was broken which was great considering we were in the height of summer.
'I swear to god if that's him again' I thought to myself as I wiped my brow. I was walking down the hall when the person I thought was my landlord knocked again, louder this time.
"Yeah, I said I was coming— oh!"
I wrenched the door open in frustration I was stopped in my tracks.
I looked up at the man in the hallway that was definitely not my landlord but, in fact, Jimmy.

My eyes met his; bright blue and slightly narrowed in confusion as a smirk formed on his lips at the look of shock on my face.
"Uh sorry, I thought you were my landlord." I breathed awkwardly, breaking eye contact with him to stare at the carpet under his feet.

I quickly became aware of just how terrible I looked at that moment; sweat on my forehead, the oldest pair of leggings I could find, and a bright green t-shirt with a Minecraft creeper on it that I'd found at the bottom of my suitcase. I mean shit, he probably thought he'd come to the wrong apartment and ended up at some crazy lady's door.

"it's alright," Jimmy said softly, "could I come in?"
"Yes! of course, sorry come in!" I said, stepping out of his way and cringing at myself internally.
He began to walk down the short hallway and I trailed behind him, desperately using my fingers to rake through my messy hair.
"It's not much- or anything really" I said as a half explanation-half apology for the state of the living room.
Jimmy smiled, "it's okay, I've lived in worse. Uh- I came to talk to you about the personal assistant job."
"Oh, yeah. it was Kris that told me you were looking for somebody. She practically dragged me into your office this morning."
"She's like that," he smiled. "Still, from what she told me you seem like you'd be good for the job. You lived in LA right?"

He sat on my couch and landed with a thump, frowning slightly as we simultaneously missed the comfortable sofas in the office.
"Yes, I lived there for four years. Four years too long I think." I said the last bit quieter, mostly just saying it to myself but he still heard.
"What made you come back?"
"It's a pretty long story."
"I've got time."