Chapter 42

Lee Know POV

Lee Know POV

I shot the guard as Felix's body fell head-first on top of Lily's. He stayed there, unmoving. Blood began to pool around him and the scent of copper filled the air.

Han began slipping from my grip, and I fell to my knees, catching his head in my lap as I stared at the scene before me.

Felix had just wanted to find Lily. Just the sight of them lying on the ground in a pile made me want to break down, but I knew that I had no time for that right now. I had to think logically. I had to try to save him.

I examined Felix and found the wound on his side. He was losing blood quickly, and I put my hand over it and applied pressure to stop him bleeding out.

"You'll be okay. You'll be okay," I repeated as calmly as possible as I comforted him in case he could hear me. I wasn't sure if I was trying to reassure him or me, though.

"Help, please!" I called out for the others. I heard footsteps and prepared for another guard. I lifted my gun and nearly shot Hyunjin as he entered the room.

He took one look at Felix and his knees buckled as he began to cry. He crawled over to kneel beside his friend.

"Felix!" He tried to wake him, and he shook his shoulders. "Felix!" But Felix didn't move. "Lee Know what do we do?" he asked through tears.

"We need to go," I told him. We didn't have time to be sad, especially if Felix was bleeding out. I tore off Felix's belt and used the heel of the axe to cut off some fabric from the bottom of his jeans. I placed the denim over his wound and synched the belt around his torso as tightly as I could get it to stay to provide continuous pressure.

"This will have to do for now. Can you lift him?" I asked, motioning towards Felix.

"I can try," Hyunjin whispered, seeming unsure.

I managed to lift Han easily again and held him close to me. I kept my gun in my hand this time, refusing to let anyone else get shot.

Han was breathing still which reassured me that he would be okay. "You ready to get out of here, pretty boy?" I whispered to him as I kissed his forehead.

I watched as Hyunjin lifted one of Felix's shoulders and legs and clumsily placed him in his lap before trying to stand. He nearly fell over on top of him.

"Felix, are you okay?" he asked, but Felix didn't answer.

"Felix, I'll get you out of here okay? I'm sorry my family has hurt you so much. I'm sorry that I wasn't a better friend, but I will be now. I promise," he cried. It was hard to watch since I couldn't do anything to help him. I was already carrying Han.

Hyunjin grunted and tried to stand again, but he wasn't able to get him more than a few inches off of the ground. He was trying his best, but he just wasn't able to lift him.

"I'm sorry Felix. I'm trying," he sobbed into his friend's chest.

While still holding Han, I squatted down beside Felix. His chest hadn't been rising the way Han's was, and I feared the worst. Hyunjin watched as I placed my hand on his wrist to check for a pulse.

Immediately, a sob erupted from my chest, and the cries I had been holding in escaped. Hyunjin knew what it meant.

He was dead.

We each dropped to the ground and cried over Felix. We kissed his forehead and apologized for our part in this. We apologized that we hadn't done more to save him and Lily.

He should've never been here. He should've never been forced to enter this world of darkness and horror. He was too kind, too sweet, and too selfless. He'd only been doing this for Lily. And he hadn't even gotten to see her alive again.

I heard a gunshot right outside of the door and prepared to shoot again, but Chan entered the room.

"We have to go," he urged. His shirt was off and tied around his shoulder to keep pressure on the wound. He'd been shot, too. Chan looked at the ground and saw a lifeless Felix. "Is he..."

Hyunjin and I cried in response and Chan nodded knowingly. Without being asked, he stood watch at the door while we said our goodbyes.

"Tell Lily hello for me," I cried and kissed his forehead for the last time.

"I love you," Hyunjin bawled into Felix's chest.

I comforted Hyunjn for a moment by rubbing his back but knew we were running out of time. I was surprised we hadn't been stormed by more guards or intercepted by the Hwangs themselves yet.

"Come on Hyunjin," I cried through tears.

Hyunjin took watch while Chan said goodbye to both Felix and Lily. He placed their hands together and took something from Felix's pocket.

"The car key," he mumbled, and I nodded in gratitude that he was thinking clearly even in this situation.

I lifted Han again and covered as much of his body with mine as I could. Nobody was going to touch a single hair on his head while I was with him.

Hyunjin guided us through the maze of hallways, and Chan sprinted up the exit stairs first. He took out a few more guards, and I followed with Hyunjin close behind me.

The garage was vacant. "It's over there," Chan stated, pointing to a dark corner of the garage. We sprinted off towards the car but heard a gun go off behind us.

I turned and saw Mr. Hwang aiming at Hyunjin who was ducking behind random vehicles.

Chan returned fire, and I continued racing towards the car. I needed to get Han to safety before I helped them. He'd saved me since I had gotten here. Now, it was my turn.

Just as I reached it, the car unlocked, and I carefully placed Han in the backseat. "Stay here, okay pretty boy," I kissed his cheek.

I grabbed the gun from my back pocket and shot at Mr. Hwang as well. He shot towards me and broke one of the back windows beside Han. My heart dropped, and I jumped into the back seat. The bullet had gone through the headrest on the other side.

I laid Han down in the seat, so he'd be safer. I couldn't risk him getting hurt now that we'd come so far.

I stood back up outside of the car and aimed at Mr. Hwang who shot again at the backseat of the car.

"Don't!" Mrs. Hwang yelled, appearing from seemingly thin air with dried blood on her face. But she wasn't yelling at us. She was yelling at Mr. Hwang. "He's your son!"

"This traitor is no son of mine," he yelled as he chased Hyunjin and shot towards him again.

Chan had begun running towards the car, ignoring the chaos ensuing behind him.

"Not Hyunjin. Well yes Hyunjin, but Han, too. Han is your son that you had with that Seo slut," she spat. Every syllable was like venom on her tongue. Her victim became paralyzed. Mr. Hwang dropped his arms at his sides as he stared at the car. It gave Hyunjin and Chan enough time to get inside.

"What?" he stared back at her in shock.

"He's your son, you piece of shit!" she bit back.

Chan started up the car and backed out of the parking spot. An argument had ensued among the Hwangs, and I turned around as Chan drove away to watch them apprehend Jeongin who had a gun aimed towards the car.