Chapter 11

(Y/n)'s pov

I walked up to my mom's café, and saw Ally walking toward a seat after switching the sign from open to closed. I opened the door, and she turned around to look at me. I tried to contain my excitement by clapping my hands once, but I told her anyway.

"12 points and 8 assists. And I made the game winning shot." I smiled as she smiled too.

"Good!" She screamed, and jumped on me for a hug. "Wait, that is great, right?"

"Yeah, it's all right." I responded while laughing.

"Aw. I can't believe I had to work. Tell me about the game." She jumped excitedly.

"The beginning wasn't so great. I ran into you-know-who."

"Dan? I'm sorry. Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Actually, I was thinking about checking out the burning boat. You wanna come?" I asked.

"Well, I guess I can be seen with you. Let me just call home and tell them not to wait up." She said as she walked to grab her phone and call her mom. Once that was done, we walked to little festival by the river, and people were praising me when we arrived.

"Wow, you are just blowing up." She joked.

"Yeah, you know. I'm a big star now. You better hope I keep you around."

"You know, I'm gonna try not to lose sleep over that, but thanks. I was watching Scandinavian week on the history channel last night."

"Because...?" I trailed off.

"Because blonde viking guys are hot. Anyway, this burning boat thing is a total rip-off of a viking funeral. Did you know that?" I was about to answer, but this guy from school ran over.

"You are awesome." He said. "Check it out." He handed Ally a paper with a grade on it, and she smiled.

"B+! Brandon, all right! You did it!" She cheered.

"Yeah, I'm tired of getting bad grades. Thank you, Ally. I've had many tutors, but you are a miracle worker."

"No, this was all you. Congratulations." Ally said. He smiled, and walked away.

"Yes! I knew he could do it!" She grinned.

"Nice work, Als."

"Thank you. So what bad mojo are we burning this year?" She asked me. I reached into my hoodie pocket, and pulled out the velcro 'Lovato' and tossed it into the boat.

"Not wearing that on my jersey." I commented. She nodded and looked at me.

"We are going to watch this together, right?" I asked.

"Maybe." She said uncertainly. "I have to check my schedule. Um. The word around town, you know, is that I'm... quite the miracle worker." She said cockily, and flipped her hair while walking away. I laughed at her, and followed behind.

--------------

The next day at school, Ally and I were by my locker when some of the cheerleaders passed.

"Great game, (Y/n)." I nodded as they walked by and turned back to Ally.

"Alright. I'm going to the tutoring center so that I can feel superior." She said. "Oh wait, they are playing 'Attack of the 50-Foot Woman' tomorrow. Wanna go?"

"Count me in." I responded as I dug through my locker for something before it was rudely shut by someone.

"Who do you think you are?" I looked up to see a pissed off Lauren looking at me.

"Someone you're pissed at..."

"You submitted my sketches to the magazine."

"And they liked them didn't they?" I questioned, and saw Camila walk over in the corner of my eye.

"If I wanted your help, I would ask for it." Lauren snapped.

"Hey, girl." She told Lauren as I opened my locker again. "Hey, you didn't happen to find my, um -"

I cut her off by handing her her leopard underwear back.

"Thank you, gorgeous." She said, and walked off. Lauren looked at me before rolling her eyes, and following Camila.

-----------------

"How has it been since the game?" Keith asked as we had a car lifted, and were working on the undercarriage.

"Different. People I've never talked to say 'hello' like they've always known me. Teachers smile more. Cheerleaders strip in your car." I smirked.

"Sounds like you're living the good life." He said.

"Yeah, it sounds like it, but not really."

"No?"

"Nah, the team is hazing me a little bit." I said, remembering when they took my clothes while I showered and had to walk around naked to find something to wear.

"Don't take it personally. See, we did that when I played, and unless it gets out of hand, just roll with it. Show them what you're made of."

--------------

Demi's pov

We were at practice doing strecthes when Coach Smith walked over.

"Demi! I'm tinkering with the offense. You'll be playing more small forward." He said.

"Forget it. I'm the shooting guard." I said as he started to laugh.

"That's funny. I thought I was the coach. As a matter of fact, you can call me that, and I'll call you 'small forward'. Demi Lovato, Small Forward. Has a nice ring to it." He winked before walking away. I glared at (Y/n) while she was shooting.

After practice, I went home, and found my dad sitting in his chair with a glass of whiskey next to him. Great.

"I heard Smith gave your spot to (Y/n). Do you even care thag it is slipping away?" He said, not looking at me as he talked, and took a deep sigh before continuing. "All the work we have put in, all the plans we have made."

"All the plans you've made, dad." I said. "All the work I've done."

"Fine. Quit the team. Hell, quit school for that matter. I'll give you a job at the car dealership. You can spend the rest of your life haggling over free floor mats and morons with bad credit. How does that sound?" He practically yelled, getting louder with each word. He was pissed now, especially since he stood up to be able to yell in my face.

"Because that's where you're headed if I give you the job!" He calmed down after a few minutes of silence. "I just want more for you, Demi. More than a 9 to 5 and the feeling you could have had a better life. And I want you to be happy. I do. But you need to tell me if you till want to do this. Do you?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Okay, but happiness doesn't come cheap. Hell, if it did, we'd all be smiling." He finished his speech.

A/N I'm sorry this was late. Comment and vote.