Chapter 38

(Y/n)'s pov

I laid an unconscious Lauren down on her bed, and pulled a blanket on top of her to keep her warm.  I sighed once I tucked her in, staring at her beautiful features.  Her dark hair that cascaded over her shoulders and contrasted her porcelain skin,  her cute eyebrows, those hypnotizing emerald eyes that were now hidden beneath her eyelids, her cute nose, and finally her luscious lips.  I sighed again and stepped away, stopping myself from admiring what I can't have.

I shoved my hands in my hoodie pocket, and walked over to Camila, who was looking up the drug on Lauren's computer.

"It says here that she will be disoriented and may have some short term memory loss, which is maybe not a bad thing." She whispered as to not wake Lauren, even though I highly doubt she would wake anyway.

I sat next to Camila and asked, "How long until it wears off?"

"Overnight, probably." She whispered again. "Do you think she'll be okay?" Camila asked with concern written all over her face and guilt in her beautiful almond eyes.

"I don't know, Camila." I told her honestly.

"I feel terrible. It's all my fault." She mumbled to herself.

"Camila, it's not your fault. You couldn't have known this was gonna happen. It was good that you found her, who knows what that fuckboy could've done if you didn't. Plus, the med student said she was gonna be okay, right?" I asked as she slightly nodded. "We just need to watch her until she wakes up."

"I can do it. You've done way too much already." She told me.

"I don't mind hanging out." I responded as I saw that she was about to cry and would need someone to comfort her. "I'd worry too much about her anyway if I left."

"Okay." She muttered, but I could tell she was happy to have me stay, happy to not be alone.  When I saw tears start to trace their way down her cheeks, I began comforting her.

"Look..." I whispered, due to our mow close proximity. "It's not your fault. You got her out of there. You saved her, Camila." I grabbed her hand and rubbed my thumb along the top of hand, across her knuckles as I could see Camila calming down from my words and my touch.

"I'll go get us something to drink. We are gonna be here a while." I said and squeezed her hand before letting go and walking downstairs.  Once I made the coffee a few minutes later and poured it into two seperate mugs, I walked back upstairs to see Camila sitting next to a still unconscious Lauren on the bed.

"Still asleep?" I asked as Camila nodded. "Here, I made some coffee, if you want." She stood up from the bed and walked over to me, gently grasping the mug before looking at me with admiration in her eyes.

"I don't know how you do it." She whispers.

"It's easy. You follow the directions on the bag." I joked so that she would smile, and she did.  When Camila smiled, I felt the need to smile, so I smiled with her, feeling something along the lines of butterflies in my stomach.

"You know what I mean." She smiled before it slowly faded as she talked. "You give up everything to help her even after what happened at Demi's house."

I tensed at the memory of when Lauren shot me down and left me without any reason. "She told you about that?"

"A little." She lied, knowing the whole situation. "Look, the thing about Lauren... it's really hard for her to let her guard down, but when she does, she's got this amazing heart, you know?"

"Sounds like something the two of you have in common, who knew." I smiled and took a sip of my mug.

"So, you don't happen to have any brothers or sisters, do you?" She asked then she laughed at the stupid question.