Chapter 47

Ally's pov

I nervously paced around in my room as I got her voicemail again.

"Hey, it's me." I started to leave a voicemail for Demi. "Um... I guess I'm just worried about you. I really hate the way we ended things-"

"So do I." I heard from my doorway. I turned toward the voice in shock. She looked so weak. "Nobody answered the door." Demi explained.

"They're gone for the weekend." I whispered, still in shock. I tossed my phone on the bed and took small steps toward her. "How are you?"

She shook her head and rasped out, "not so good." She walked toward me and pulled me into a tight hug. "I just... tonight... I made a lot of mistakes, Ally."

She sighed before continuing, "sometimes because of my dad... and sometimes by my own choice." She pulled away from the hug and we sat side by side on the edge of my bed.

She looked down in shame, "I just can't do it anymore."

"It's okay." I tried to comfort her.

"No." She shook her head in denial. "No, it's not okay. I'm not okay. When I fell on the floor tonight... I was so scared. So terrified. Then I saw you, and I promised myself that if I could just get up...and walk over to you, and tell you how much I need you... how much I want you... then nothing else matters."

I smiled at her and stroked her hair before pulling her into a kiss as a lone tear made its way down her cheek. When we pulled away, I stood up and walked near the door.

"Hey, Ally-" she weakly called out. I turned around and waited for her to speak. "Will you please stay with me tonight?" She asked. I bit my lip in thought, but walked toward my bedroom door. I grabbed the door and closed it, walking back to Demi.

-----------------------

(Y/n)'s pov

Someone knocked on the door, and I stood up to answer it. I opened the door and saw Lauren. She was clad in a The 1975 band t-shirt with a leather jacket on top and a pair of jeans on with boots.

"Lauren?" I asked surprised. She walked passed me inside. She looked nervous, almost as if she had been hiding something. She played with her fingers.

"I heard about Demi." She spoke when I closed the door, avoiding starting off with what was on her mind or even the real reason she was here randomly at my house.

"Yeah. She's gonna be okay." I responded.

"Yeah." She nodded, preparing herself to speak her mind and inner thoughts and feelings.

"So, what's up?" I awkwardly asked as I could tell she was gonna say something important.

She took a deep breath, "(Y/n), I made a mistake. When you said you wanted to be with me, I- I got scared... and I pushed you away, but-" My breath hitched at her words. The words I had wanted to hear weeks ago, but they weren't spoken, until now.

"Lauren-" she held up her hand to stop me.

"But... the truth is I want all the same things you want. I do. And I want them with you." I sadly looked into her eyes. I briefly closed my eyes to take it all in. Lauren is finally saying what I've been wanting to hear, but it might be too late.

She looked at me with hopeful eyes, but I couldn't say anything. I was speechless. I so desperately wanted to speak. I opened my mouth, but was quickly interrupted.

"Hey, superstar. You ready to score?" Camila had apparently left my bedroom and entered the room Lauren and I were in. Camila was dressed in my hoodie and cute fuzzy banana socks. She only had a pair of spandex on as shorts. The smile that was on her face dropped when she saw Lauren. The younger Cuban looked between the two of us as the older Cuban's smile faded as she took in Camila's appearance and her words.

"Hey." She questionably greeted Lauren. "We missed you after the game tonight."

Lauren looked really uncomfortable now as she fidgeted. "Yeah. Um, I guess I just kind of got turned around." Lauren turned to leave with a pained look on her face that caused a pain to pierce my heart.

"Lauren." I called out before she could leave. I felt Camila's and Lauren's eyes on me, but my eyes didn't leave Lauren. There was no talking as we stared at each other. I broke our gaze and looked at Camila, who had a defeated look on her face mixed with a look of shock and disbelief as to why I stopped her, which also caused a pierce to my heart. Camila looked up at me and I could feel Lauren's piercing gaze on the side of my head.

I removed my gaze from the smaller Cuban and stared down at my feet, not knowing what to do or the inner turmoil that was going on in my mind. My feelings were all over the place, and I didn't want to hurt either of them, but I think I already have. Lauren just admitted her feelings, but Camila had already done that. I looked away from the two Cubans as they looked at each other, slightly glaring at the other.

What a frightening thing is the human being- a mass of gauges, dials, and registers. And we can only read a few. And of those, perhaps, not accurately.

What have I gotten myself into?

A/N Hi :)