4. Not good enough

I woke up to a knock at the door. I was currently in my pajamas and because I couldn't care what anyone would say, I didn't bother getting changed. I swung the door open and was greeted by an over excited blonde. "Good morning (Y/n)", Naruto says with a big smile. "Morning buddy, come inside and I will make you some breakfast". He jumped up and down and then ran into my apartment. I couldn't help but smile. I had only known this knucklehead for a couple of days yet I couldn't seem to get enough of him. "What are having for breakfast?", he asks. "I was thinking eggs over rice, is that Ok with you?", I ask. He happily nods. I go into the kitchen and begin preparing our food.

Fifteen minutes later it was ready and I sat at the table with Naruto beside me. I had only seen Naruto this happy when he was eating ramen, it was good to know that he was enjoying my cooking. "Wow this so delicious", he says. I giggle and thank him. He was such a sweet kid. I finish mine and get him another bowl so that I can get changed. You went clothes shopping yesterday after buying food and chose a single strapped fishnet singlet, a shoulderless, long sleeved, navy blue dress and a pair of fish net tights. (A/n: Its the image above^^ Please ignore the Nara clan symbol).

I walked out into the lounge and Naruto gasped. "What is it?", I ask, worried. "You look so pretty (Y/n)", he blushes. I blush and hug him. "Thank you Naruto, that is so sweet of you to say". He gives me a big smile and then looks at my clock. "I should go to the academy now", he says. I place my hand on his head and hand him a bento. "What's this for?". "I told you that I would make you lunch, now come on, I'll walk you to the academy and then I'll head to the Hokage's". "Why do you need to see the old man?". "I've got to get my ninja head band". "How come I don't have mine yet?". "Because you're not Genin yet, I'm Jounin so I've already made it past Genin and Chunin". "I don't know what you mean". I sigh and ruffle his hair. "Its fine, lets talk about it on the road, we've got to get you to the academy". His face lights up and we both leave the apartment, heading towards the academy.

Timeskip

I walked Naruto to the gate to the academy and then placed my hand on his head. "Do you want me to come get you after?", I ask. He excitedly nods his head. "Ok, I'll see you later Kiddo". "Bye!", he yells waving his arms intensely at me. I giggle and make my way towards the the Hokage's mansion.

At the academy

Meanwhile Naruto walks into the academy with his bag on his back. "Good morning Iruka-sensei", he smiles. Iruka raises an eyebrow. "Uh good morning Naruto", he replies. "(Y/n) sensei is sooo pretty, do you think I will be pretty like her one day?", Sakura asks a group of girls. "Your never going to be pretty, billboard brow", Ino snickers. "Oh yeah, your never going to be pretty either, Inopig!". Electricity connects the two girls glaring eyes. "Maybe if I was as pretty as (Y/n)-sensei then Sasuke would like me", a random fangirl says. "Naruto seems close to (Y/n)-sensei, maybe we should ask him", One girl suggests. All the girls agree and run over to the desk Naruto was sitting at. "Hey Naruto!", Sakura yells. Naruto turns his head and smiles at the pink haired girl. "Oh hey Sakura". "We need to know how (Y/n)-sensei always look so pretty!", Ino demands. Naruto moves back, wanting to avoid the girls. "Uh well she bought some new clothes yesterday and she's wearing them today, I think she looks twice as pretty today". "That's it! I'm going shopping after school today", Ino sings. "No You're not! I am!", Sakura argues. Iruka steps in between the bickering girls and separates them. "Everyone please sit in your seats, class is about to start". The class quietens down and everyone sits in their seats.

You walked up the stairs and up to the large wooden door. You knocked on the door and went inside once you heard the old mans voice. "You are here for your leaf headband", he says. "Yes Lord third". He clears his throat his eyes meet yours. "I see that you have taken a liking to Naruto". "I have sir". "Why is that?", he asks with raised eyebrows. "Everywhere I go I see the way people look at him, I too understand the look of disgust and hate, No one deserves to be forced to be alone". He smiles at me and hands me my headband. "I truly believe that you will be a great addition to our village, please carry the will of fire even if this isn't your home nation". "This may not be my home nation but it is mine now, I will carry the will of fire and protect the village and people with my life". "You are dismissed". I then disappeared out the door, you tie your headband around your waist. You spend the rest of the day wandering around shops to kill time.

At the academy

It was currently lunch time and Naruto sat underneath the tree he sat under yesterday with (Y/n). Shino, Shikamaru, Choji, Kiba, Akamaru and Hinata had joined him. Shikamaru noticed the bento in Naruto's hands and raised an eyebrow. "Who made that for you?", he asks. Naruto looks a down at his lunch and smiles. "(Y/n)-sensei made it for me". "I wish (Y/n)-sensei would make food for me", Choji says with a mouth full of chips. "Yeah it looks really good", Shikamaru says. Suddenly they all stopped as they felt a shadow being cast over them. They looked up and saw Iruka-sensei standing before them. "What are you seven doing?", he asks. "We're sitting under this tree eating our lunch like we did with (Y/n)-sensei yesterday", Kiba says. Akamaru barks in agreement. Iruka sits with them and looks at Naruto's bento. "Who gave you that?", he asks. "(Y/n)-sensei made it for me this morning, we're neighbors". Many thoughts were going through Iruka's mind right now. First he was confused as to why someone would willingly hang out with Naruto and make him food and then how she somehow got all of the students to like her. "Why do you all like (Y/n)-sensei so much?", he asks. "She sooo pretty and she is really funny and really cool and she can make ice flowers and and and...", Naruto trails off because he has run out of breath. Hinata blushes and nods, agreeing with her crush. The bells goes and the kids head to their last period off class. Iruka was so confused, if this girl was so amazing then how come he had never seen or meet her before?

Timeskip

It was nearing the end of last period and the kids were practicing their kunai throwing. Suddenly there was a fan girl scream. Everyone turned their heads and saw (Y/n)-sensei walking towards the class. She smiled at the class and sent a wink at Naruto. Then she walked up to Iruka who couldn't seem to tear his off of her. Pink dusted his cheeks and his eyes couldn't stop scanning her face, he wanted it to stay in his mind forever. (Y/n) waved her hand in front of his face and giggled. "Hello?". "Oh sorry uh I'm Iruka Umino", he says. (Y/n) smiles at him and sticks her hand out. He shakes her hand, not wanting to let go. "My name is (Y/n) (L/n), I taught your class yesterday". "Yeah they've been talking about you all day". "Good things I hope". He smiles at her, bringing pink to her cheeks. "(Y/n)-sensei!", Naruto yells, hugging you. You smile down at the boy and place your hand on his head. "I hope you've done well today". "Yeah I have, we were all practicing our shadow clone jutsu and I'm getting so close". "I'm sure you'll get it soon buddy". You look up at Iruka and blush. "Uh sorry I'm disrupting your class, I'll let you get back to it". Iruka just nods and watches as you walk away and sit underneath a tree.

This man, Iruka, I can't seem to get him out of my mind. I mean this is the first time we have met and I can already feel butterflies in my stomach. What if I hung around Shino to much and I actually do have butterflies in my stomach?! Nah I'm just overthinking it. I watch as the kids throw their kunai. I can see Naruto looking back at me every time he hits the target. Also someone I never expected. The Uchiha kid, Sasuke. I know the look in his eyes to well. He is broken inside but is too strong to show it, he thinks his emotions are secondary and that he can live without them. I know the empty existence of life without emotions and its terrible. Some times bottling up your emotions is more painful then letting them out. My thoughts were interrupted by the bell going. Not only Naruto ran over to me but a lot of the girls. They all threw questions at me. "How are you so pretty?". "How can I be pretty like you?". "How do you get your hair to look like that?". I blushed because they were all compliments, I wasn't used to this. Today was strange also, there were people who just couldn't stop staring at me. Probably because no one knows that my ex is a rogue ninja. In the ice village no one tried to flirt with me because if they did then they would be executed and no one did in Kirigakure because I hung out with the deadliest assassins in the world. I made clones of me and Naruto and then teleported us over to Iruka. I sent him a small smile before I released my clones and began running. The girls noticed the smoke and that we we're no longer there, they began scanning the area in hopes of trying to find us.

Iruka's POV

I watched as she ran away. Her hand and Naruto's were connected. I promised Lord third that I would look after Naruto but it seems that (Y/n) is doing a much better job at it. When I hear a bunch of thirteen year olds talking about a beautiful woman I don't believe them, but I've now seen her for myself and can't help but agree. She was the prettiest girl I had ever seen, I wish she was mine. But the problem is I'm not even in her league, she's on a whole other level. I couldn't get her even if I tried.

Aww I love this chapter. Don't worry Iruka you are a lot better then you think you are, he is!!! I love Iruka, he is sooooo cute!!! Does anyone else feel that way? I love this book already and it is all planned out so there should hopefully be no delays. Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD