77. Pervy-sage

Sitting at the kitchen table, you sipped at your cup of tea. Konohamaru was following Kuro around the house, giving the lonely boy some company since his brothers had become busy with training. You smiled softly as the laughed and ran around, it made you wonder what it would be like to raise children from age zero all the way up until they leave to do their own thing. Iruka, who was currently attempting to cook something, noticed the expression on your face. Out of curiosity, he came over and sat beside you. He held your free hand, the contact gaining your attention.

"You doing okay?" he asks, looking a little concerned. You quickly nodded your head, sending him a sweet smile.

"Yeah, everything is fine. Was there something that made you think otherwise?" you asked, wondering where this thought had come from. He shrugged his shoulders as he reached back to rub the back of his neck. It was a habit of his when he became nervous, you didn't mind it at all and actually thought it was pretty cute. Now that he knew everything was okay, he stood up and kissed your forehead before heading back over to the half-prepared food. You were surprised by how much he had learned and improved from you giving instructions while sitting. Even after two days, your legs still weren't strong enough. It made you feel like a burden but Iruka would repeat how this didn't bother him at all. You were sure that he was actually enjoying it because he was able to take charge.

You continued to drink from your cup until the tea was gone, sitting at home was boring for you. You honestly couldn't wait until you could go back to work and teach the students of your class. Some of them had come to your house and checked on you, making sure that you were okay and that you were going to eventually return. Some were worried that they would be stuck with their substitute teacher and the kids didn't seem to be very fond of them at all. You found it to be very entertaining when the children rushed to your side, begging for you to return to the classroom to teach them.

Sitting around the house for long periods of time wasn't very good for you, it seemed like you would drift off into thought every few minutes. There was nothing to do besides read or talk with the others, yet you didn't really care for either at the moment. You wished to run around and use the skills you had culminated from youth, perhaps go on a proper mission.

Suddenly, the front door slammed open to reveal a familiar whiskered boy. Running to you, he hugged your seated figure.

"Is everything alright?" you ask, hoping that there was nothing wrong. With your physical state, there was nothing that you could do at this time. He pulled away from the embrace and nodded enthusiastically, a bright smile on his face.

"Of course, I have a new sensei!" he announces. You raise an eyebrow, wondering what he was talking about.

"I know that, Naruto. You have Ebisu." Naruto laughed and jumped back while shaking his head, laughing a little.

"Hah, nope not that pervert!" His tone sounded happy so you didn't linger on that fact that he called the bandana-wearing man a pervert. You just hoped it wasn't for reasons which were coming to mind.

"Okay then, who is your new sensei then?" you ask, genuinely curious. You wondered if one of the other team leaders had taken Naruto to train with them. It would be difficult since they would be busy training their own teams but they probably would. Glancing back at Naruto, you were still unsure. You knew how everyone thought of the blonde boy because of the fox demon which was sealed within him, you saw no problem with it but it seemed like others did. You tried to think of someone as open-minded as yourself, someone who would give the boy a chance. You weren't trying to offend the other sensei by assuming their rejection of the boy, but as far as you knew, everyone around Naruto shunned him with the exception of the 3rd Hokage.