10. Nightmare

I woke up in the middle of the night after having a nightmare. My breathing was very fast and my heart beat was out of control. Sweat beaded on my forehead and dripped down my flustered face. My eyes were red and puffy from crying and my body was shaking slightly. I didn't know whether I was too cold or too hot. I felt dizzy and unwell so I tried to lie down and get back to sleep but it wasn't working. My clothes were sticking to me due to sweat and I was very uncomfortable. I pushed myself off the bed and used the wall to stop myself from falling over. I hadn't had a nightmare this bad since I was a kid, so why was I getting one now? I shuffled into the bathroom and turned on the shower, they usually helped me calm down. I slipped off my clothes and got in, enjoying the feeling of the hot water against my skin.

Flashback

12 year old (Y/n) sat in a tree, watching the other children play. She was Chunin rank now so she no longer needed to be in the academy. She turned her head when she saw a boy that looked a few years older than her. He had magenta eyes and stitches running running down his cheek from the bottom of his left one. He had short brownish green hair and a black, hooked club across his back. He looked up into the tree, meeting his eyes with (Y/n)'s. "You are the one known as 'the ice wielder'". (Y/n) nods and jumps down from the tree, standing before the boy. "Yes and who might you be?". "I am the fourth Mizukage, Yagura Karatachi". A smirk appears on (Y/n)'s pink lips. "And what might the Mizukage be wanting from me?". "I want you to be a shinobi of my village, but only if you can prove you are worthy". He holds his hand out in front of her. "Do we have an agreement?". (Y/n) looks down at the hand before reaching out to grab and shake it, confirming with the Mizukage.

Flashback end

Your eyes snap open and you turn off the running water. You step out of the shower and wrap a towel around your exposed body. That dream didn't seem like a nightmare and it wasn't. It was what happened after that which is what scared you. Images of an ice kunai flashed in your mind. Blood splattered everywhere. Dead bodies scattered across the floor. The things you did to become who you are... who you used to be. A malicious killing machine, running on others fear, listening to their screams as if it were a gentle melody. You held your aching head and collapsed to you knees, doubling over in pain. It hurt you remember what you did and it hurt even more to forget it. When the pain subsided you pulled yourself up using the bathroom sink and wandered back into your room. You felt a wave of drowsiness come over you and you collapsed on your bed, falling asleep instantly.

Timeskip

The next morning I woke up to a knock on my window again. I got up and walked over, making sure my towel was still securely wrapped around me. I pushed open my window and was greeted by the familiar mask on the same ninja who had come twice before. I could tell he was blushing under his mask, I just didn't care. "What would you like to tell me today?", you ask, trying not to get annoyed. "My apologies Miss, The Hokage has now got you a class, please report to the main office in the academy and you will be shown you class, a list of things the students should know and what they already know should be there". You bow to the ninja. "Thank you". He then makes a hand sign and disappears. I sigh and close my window, I was happy to get a class but I was nervous, I didn't want any more incidents like last night.

Naruto came over and I made us both breakfast and a lunch each. When we were done we both walked to the academy together. "Are you teaching my class again?", Naruto asks hopefully. I shake my head. "Nope, now I've got my own class". "Aww but I wanted you to be my sensei", he pouts. "You shouldn't say that, you already have a sensei". "Iruka-sensei is so mean to me". "I don't think he's doing it on purpose, he just wants to be a good sensei so that you can learn from him". Naruto groans in annoyance. "He makes the academy boring, I like your teaching, its fun". "Well I'm sorry but the academy isn't meant to be fun, its meant to be strict so that you can be a great shinobi". "But strict is boring!". "I know it is but that's the way this world works, there are so many ninja rules that you have to follow but as well as that you should have your own set of ninja rules". "My own ninja rules?". "Yes, my ninja rules were the ones I told you the first day I was in your class, don't break the rules for attention, don't treat someone horribly just because they are different and don't judge someone's strength on their skill set. These are only a few I also believe in teamwork and hard work". "Why shouldn't you judge someone else's skills?", Naruto asks. "Just because someone can't do something as good as you doesn't mean they are inferior, for example I won't make fun of you because you haven't mastered the shadow clone jutsu yet because there may be something you can do that I can't". "Really?". "Yeah". "Like what?". "I don't know, you're a lot stronger than I am. When I was your age and was going through a horrible life of isolation I gave into my urges and became a monster, that happened when I was five. You're 13 and you haven't given into them so you are strong. "You really think I'm strong?". "Yes of course, inner strength is as important as physical strength. It gives you the will and kindness to have a happy life, being able to speak words from your heart and change others ways without having to fight, that was something I wished I could do". "So you think I can do all that?". "Yep you're gonna change the world with it".

Sorry if this wasn't very interesting, the next chapter will be coming soon so do not worry. Please tell me how you are feeling about this story. Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD