57. Helping out

Kuro groaned as he shuffled into your room, climbing in beside you. You turn to face the blonde boy, seeing the sleepy yet annoyed expression on his face. "What's up?", you ask, pulling him into an embrace. He hugs back and groans again. "Naruto is really loud, yelling about the Chunin exams and stuff like that". You sigh and thread your fingers through his messy hair, gaining a pleased hum from him. He opens his tired eyes and gives you a small smile before we both jumped at the sound of something smashing. You jumped out of bed and ran into the dining room to see the vase you had put Iruka's flowers in, smashed on the floor. Naruto and Sasuke stared at it with wide eyes, not brave enough to look up at you. You let out a sigh and freeze the water and glass together in the shape of a vase, filling it with water and placing the flowers inside. You look back up at the boys as you stand, placing the ice vase on the table. "You two need to be more careful around fragile items, you won't be a very good ninja if you're running around breaking stuff". They bother nod. "Sorry (Y/n), it was my fault", Naruto says, refusing to meet your gaze. You let out a sigh and walk over to him, placing your hand on top of his head. "It's fine, I just hope that the two of you are well trained and have studied for these Chunin exams. Remember that you'll be going up against Genin from other villages like the three we met from the sand". They both nod. "Well do you two want me to fix you breakfast before you meet up with your team?", I ask. Naruto's face lights up as he jumps up and down excitedly, Sasuke just gives an emotionless nod.

Timeskip

The two boys sent you waves as they ran off in the direction of the place they were supposed to be meeting their team. You stood by the door for a couple of seconds before you heard another knock, you knew exactly who it was. You swung the door open and imitated his closed eyed smile. "Kakashi, what a pleasant surprise". He sighs and pulls his mask up a little. "You know that I am older than you, right?". You nod and allow him to enter. "My apologies senpai". He playfully rolls his eyes and hands you a small scroll. You curiously unroll it, reading its contents.

"One of the Jonin helping with the Chunin exams has become quite ill so we thought you might want to help out and take their place". You look up from the scroll and tilt your head to the side in confusion. "What will happen to my class?". "Don't worry about it, we'll have someone to fill in for you and it's only three or four days you will be helping for, you'll also get a paid for working". You tapped your chin before giving a nod. "Sure, when do I start". He grabs your wrist and leads you towards the door. "Right now". "Hey mum, where are you going?!", Kuro calls, peeking around your bedroom door. "I'll be helping out with the Chunin exams, just go back to bed". He yawns and sends a tired smile before returning to your bed. Before Kakashi can pull you from your house you pull your hand away. "I'm still in my pajamas, just give me a second". He nods and leans up the wall as you head to the bathroom, quickly changing into your ninja gear.

timeskip

When you finished, both you and Kakashi teleported to the place where the first part of the exams were being held. There you met up with 2 other Jonin, one was a brown-haired male with glasses and the other was a black-haired female. "This is Hana and Izuki, they'll be your pretend team while you participate in the first exam". You send a small smile to the two, receiving one just as kind from each. "Nice to meet you both, my name is (Y/n)". They both nod. "We are quite familiar with you", Izuki assures, pushing up his glasses. Hana nods excitedly. "It's nice to meet you too, I'd like to get to know you better and then we can be friends", she cheers. Kakashi sweat drops and leans over and whisper in your ear. "They're strong shinobi but Izuki is a bit of a know it all and Hana gets pretty over excited when meeting new people". You nod in understanding. "That's fine". Kakashi adjusts his mask a little before addressing us. "I need to meet up with my team before they start so I'll be heading off, the three of you will also need to transform into your younger selves to fit in". We all nod and watch as the silver-haired Jonin teleports away before we change our forms.

I wrote half of this yesterday but was tired after my soccer game so I forgot to finish it. At least we won 5-0 to us, the first win of the season. Yay! Anyway I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD