Chapter 5

*Alex's pov*

My dad doesn't have work today but he told me he is having friends over then they are going to the club once again.

So when Jason comes over here he is going to be even more disgusted than he already is by me. Great.

It's bad enough he didn't even want me touching anything in his house and the fact that he said he had to clean everything I touched.

I jump up since it's 5:45 and I take a quick shower and do everything I need to do.

It's already 6:20 and I started cleaning the house a bit and once it's 6:30 I grab my bag and head to school.

*after school*

I'm waiting for Jason by his car and he comes strolling out with a group of people and they start laughing when they see me.

"Good luck bro" they all laughed.

I just continued staring down and he groaned a 'get it' so I tried not to touch anything in his car besides the door and the seat.

I gave him directions to my house and he gasped when he pulled in the driveway.

"You live in an abandoned house by yourself?" he asked.

Ugh. People suck.

"Nope" I said getting out of the car.

I walked out and held the door open for him and my dad made a bigger mess.

"Sorry for the mess my dad was drinking again" I mumbled.

I cleaned up a bit and led him to my room as I sat on my small bed and he sat at my run-down desk.

"Where's your dad work?" he asked.

"You want to talk to me about my life? Since when" I laughed slightly.

"I mean I'm doing a project with you in a shack. I need to know I'm not getting jumped" he groaned.

Wow ok.

Shit. That wasn't even hurtful why am I gonna cry. I pushed the tears back and looked at him.

"My dad works in this factory, but he had today off so he went out to a club drinking with his friends. That's all he does every night, goes drinking with his friends" I mumbled.

"Where does your mom work?" he asked.

"She died last month in a car accident" I whispered.

"Oh uh, shit sorry" he said.

I just nodded and stood up.

"We can work at your house or somewhere else if you don't want to work here" I said.

"No it's fine I guess" he sighed.

"Please don't be telling people about my life. I already have a hard enough life, me living in a run down small house with family problems won't help my situation" I begged.

"I promise I won't but why would I?" he asked.

"I mean I'm already a nerd, four eyes, brace face, a nobody, disgusting, know-it-all. Might as well come up with names about my gross house and family problems" I said softly.