014 | Race Wars

Laying out my clothes on the bed, I grinned; today was the day all racers (and race rats) had been waiting for, Race Wars

I'd gotten showered, albeit a little awkwardly (I think both Letty and my sister had seen parts of me that I will never be ashamed of again), and my makeup was done.

This wasn't the first time Dom let me go to the Race Wars, but I was still excited. I knew I wanted to start racing after graduation, so I had to be ready.

People watching at Race Wars seemed like a good start. I could calculate their moves and think of strategies I could use when it was my turn.

"Mija, are you ready?" Letty shouted as she banged on my door. "Do you need help?" she called out again as I pulled my top over my head and tugged on my jeans.

"No thanks, I'll be down in a second!" I yelled back as I closed the button. I was used to getting things done now with my cast, well, everything except showering, it seemed.

"Rosalie, come on!" Letty hollered as I pulled on my boots and buckled them up, grabbing my jacket and putting my sunglasses on top of my head.

I opened my bedroom door. "Coming!" I shouted as I ran down the stairs, not wanting to be left behind.

"Again, with the outfit?" my brother frowned at my outfit for the day. He seemed to dislike any of the outfit choices I make these days. He honestly had that dad thing down.

Letty bumped Dom with a smirk. "Leave her alone," I grinned at her as she gave me a wink. It felt good to always have Letty in my corner. She was able to get anyone to back down.

"Yeah, man, I mean, she looks great" we all turned to give Leon a look as he chewed on his toothpick, glancing over my clothing. "What?" he questioned, confused at the attention.

I blushed hard as my brother glared at him. "Thanks, Lee" he smiled at my words before Jesse flicked his ear, and Dom walked over to him. I heard a few mumbled words between them.

"Alright, girl, tonight you're with me," Letty announced as she grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door, stopping me from hearing anything the guys were talking about.

My sister walked downstairs, playfully smirking like she knew something I didn't. "What's up with Mia?" I questioned Letty as I got in the passenger seat of her car.

"I dunno. Spliner must be one helluva good lay," Letty snickered as she started the car and took off towards the desert, pulling her sunglasses down over her eyes.

I grimaced at the thought and rolled my eyes. "I do not need to know about my sister's sex life, thanks," Letty snorted and tried to open her mouth, "or yours! So please, no more information".

Getting closer to Race Wars, I couldn't help but be in awe of the number of racers here this year. Dom always let me come to the Wars; he knew I loved to watch all the races.