026 | she's gone

"You are now a one-quarter mile from your destination" Glancing at the GPS in the holder, I noticed the finish line was coming up fast, and I was determined to be the first one to cross it

I had to be the first one to cross it.

I studied the mirror where another driver was crawling beside me, obviously using their NOS. "Not today," I growled as I swerved the car the FBI provided me with into the other driver causing him to spin around violently.

Crossing the finish line, I sighed happily. The best of the best had trained me, so there was no actual competition for me. This would be a piece of cake; I'd have information on Braga and get Dom back home before I knew it.

"You have reached your destination. Goodbye," The GPS exclaimed robotically as it switched off.

I stopped the car and opened the door to a cheering crowd. Campos and the others reached my car. "Didn't think you had it in you, girl" Fenix grinned as he gave me a respectful nod in acknowledgment.

"You work for Braga now," Campos informed, giving me a handshake. "When the GPS calls, you follow," he orders as we both look towards the GPS sitting in my car before he saunters away.

"Thumb," Gisele orders as she flips out her finger scanner. "It's your driver's license," she informed me when I looked at her skeptically.

Placing my thumb on the scanner, I knew the FBI would have altered my name in the system by now, and they would have me under Rose Ortiz. I couldn't risk them knowing who I was or my real name.

I needed them to assume I was just another young street racer who wanted a chance with the big guns.

"You did good. I didn't think you stood a chance," Gisele told me in her pretty, accented voice.

"Then today, you've learned a valuable lesson," I grinned as she studied me in wonder. I lifted my thumb off her scanner just as 'Rose Ortiz' popped up on the screen. "Never underestimate me."

:::

Brian sat in the FBI headquarters, wondering if he should tell Mia that Rosalie was undercover for him. He knew the older Toretto woman would be worried about her sister by now, and that was something that tormented him.

After 5 years, he still had feelings for Mia Toretto. Yes, he went into the relationship for the wrong reasons, but he couldn't deny falling head over heels for her.

Mia would be upset at him when she learned about this, but hopefully, getting her family back would lessen her anger.

He knew putting Rosalie in this position could be dangerous, but he also thought she was stronger than anyone gave her credit for. She had definitely grown up fast over the last few years.

She was more like Dom now than ever before, even back when she threatened him after discovering his interest in Mia.

Brian's stomach twisted at the thought of something happening to Rosalie.