015 | adrenaline

Getting out of Letty's car, I noticed the crowd gathered around the car, waiting to see who the winner was

Getting out of Letty's car, I noticed the crowd gathered around the car, waiting to see who the winner was. There was a whisper about a Toretto racing. I guess they were shocked to see the 'baby Toretto' winning.

I beamed, feeling myself being patted on the back and being asked questions. "You did it, girl," Letty exclaimed when she pushed through the crowd.

Hugging her, I let out a laugh. "I did! I really did, and it was great" I laughed from the adrenaline rush. I felt like I could puke and fly all at the same time.

"Well, I guess fair is fair," the guy stated as he walked forward and handed me the money before giving me a 'bro hug' "race you soon, Toretto?" he asked, and I gave a little smirk nodding.

Letty threw her arm around me and pushed our way through the crowd, who was still trying to catch my attention, but Letty wasn't having it. It was like they didn't exist to her.

I counted my money before halving it and offering it to her. "What's that for?" She asked but didn't take the money. "You won it," she added, shaking her head.

"Yeah, but with your car," I retorted, pushing the money toward her again, begging her to take it with my eyes.

"We're family. There's no such thing as yours or mine," Letty explained as we neared our area. Staring at her, I smiled. She was still teaching me things even though I was almost an adult.

Placing the money back together with a sigh, I blinked when a thought hit me. "The team knew about me getting to race, didn't they?". My sister's excited expression seemed to make sense now.

Letty grinned at me mischievously, ruffling my hair. "Of course they did."

My brother and the others all turned and watched me anxiously as we got closer to them "well?" he asked quietly when he saw my down-turned face.

"I'm sorry, Dom-" I started, and they all got quiet "-but I can't hear you over my money" shaking the cash I won in front of them, I smiled as they all let out their breaths.

"You won?" Dom grinned as I nodded excitedly. I wanted him to know I could be just as good as he was. Impressing my brother always felt like winning an award.

"Of course, she won. The guy had no chance," Letty reiterated as Dom picked me up and swung me around. My family all cheered along with the usual crowd that hung around us.

"Well, I guess your one of us now," Vince smirked as I was passed around for hugs with my family. Vince stuck me in a bear hug as I smiled at his proud expression, he may be gruff, but he loved his family.

Dom just stared Vince down before nodding. "I guess she is" smiling widely, I handed Dom my winnings before running over to the trailer, where I bumped into Brian.

"Hey," He greeted before looking at me again. "You seem happy," he noted as I was still shaking from adrenaline.

"I just won my first race," I squealed to him as he smiled widely and gave me a quick side hug seeming just as happy for me as the guys were. Weirdly that made me feel good too.