024 | te amo

I had only been in the Dominican a week, and so far, Dom and Letty had gotten married but had told no one, and I was sworn to secrecy

I had only been in the Dominican a week, and so far, Dom and Letty had gotten married but had told no one, and I was sworn to secrecy. Han and Santos flirted with me relentlessly until Dom put up his overprotective brother attitude and told them to back off, and now I was being roped into another truck jacking.

This time it was for gas and not electronics. "So this brings back some really awkward memories," I say uneasily from the backseat of Dom's car, remembering our last heist.

Letty rolled her eyes at me, but I knew she still felt guilty over it. "I almost accidentally killed you once, Mija," she replied, glancing at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly, one time is already too many," I laugh, putting my headset on as Letty blinding smacks my leg from the front seat.

"All right, we're good to go," Dom shouted into his radio as Letty and I got ready. Hopefully, this time it was all be smooth sailing. "You two got this?" Dom asked us, turning his head.

"You bet your ass, Bubba," Letty said, giving him a kiss as I flashed the 'ok' sign at him, making sure I had all the tools I needed for my part in this. "Let's make some money!".

I whooped loudly as Letty climbed out of the window, crawling into the front passenger seat, and waited for my cue. "I'm sorry," Dom stated as I glanced at him, confused. "For leaving like that, it wasn't fair to you or Mia," he added, sensing my confusion.

Narrowing my eyes at my brother incredulously, I laughed. "Can we do this when I don't have to jump onto the back of a speeding truck?" Gesturing to the gas truck in front of us.

"Everyone in position," Dom called into the radio as he grinned at me shaking his head.

"I thought we'd be robbing banks by now, not some gas truck in the middle of nowhere" I rolled my eyes as Han's voice came from the radio; although very handsome, he was sometimes too full of himself.

"Down here, gas is gold, Bubba," Letty's voice spoke back, and I knew she was smirking to herself. She was an adrenaline junkie at heart, but this was about more than just money for all of us.

"Sí, pero los bancos no se mueven" (Yeah, but banks don't move)Tego said in Spanish, making me laugh as an argument broke out over the radio. I met the older man after my brother, and Santos broke him out of prison. I liked him; he's funny.

"Kill the chatter!" Dom yelled as everyone went silent. I was always surprised by the effect my brother had a people. You would think by now I'd be used to it.

"Game time," I mumbled, patting my brother on the shoulder before climbing out of the car. Letty jumped onto the back of the truck, with me following just behind her.

Dom sped off as part of the plan. He was going in front of the truck to slow it down a little "Okay, guys, we're gonna have to hit this hard and fast. We got four K left before the downgrade," I heard Dom order through my earpiece.